We bring you a lot of stories every single day, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we’ve rounded up all our stories in one place to get today’s news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Saturday, January 22, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Beloved Walt Disney World pianist Mark Anderson has passed away at the age of 66.
- Repainting of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT is nearing completion.
- Character sightings of Joy, Donald Duck, and Vanellope have finally returned to the park.
- Work on the roof overhang of the upcoming Connections Café & Eatery is still underway.
- We tried the updated Artist Palette Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie, and found it to be a vast improvement over past iterations at this year’s EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Painting has commenced on the covered outdoor seating for Woody’s Lunch Box in Toy Story Land.
- The recently-replaced wall art decals in the Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway queue have already started to bubble up off the walls.
- Cardboard carrying boxes have finally returned to Droid Depot in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge after a very conspicuous absence.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- One entrance of Riverside Depot has been blocked off by walls for some work.
- The fountains in front of DINOSAUR have been switched off in preparation for refurbishment work.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Walt Disney World is actively seeking singers and actors for the upcoming Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.
- Paneling has been removed during the BVG construction at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The monthly themes of Mickey Mouse: The Main Attraction will follow the same attraction themes as the previous Minnie Mouse: The Main Attraction collection.
- The Cast Member entrance to the Transportation and Ticket Center parking lot is seemingly complete.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- We tried two souvenir-bundled treats at Tokyo Disney Resort for the new Totally Minnie Mouse event, but we weren’t as pleased with the food as the merch.
- New 50th Anniversary merchandise at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground has arrived.
- Disney Vacation Club members can pick up a new photo frame and drink holder at Disney’s Riviera Resort.
- Mickey Mouse housewares like napkins, placemats, and pillows are now available at Walt Disney World.
- Mary Blair’s iconic art style has inspired a new line of merchandise at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- A new “Snow Much Fun” light-up balloon ears headband has floated into Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Steiff and Disney really are buddying up lately, with the latest addition to the collection being a Minnie Mouse Steiff plush.
- Fans of Marvel’s “What If…?” will love this new Guardians of the Multiverse pin we found at the Disneyland Resort.
- If you’re already prepping for those hot summer months, don’t miss the three folding and compact fans we saw at the Disneyland Resort this week.
Entertainment & Media
- “Luca”, “Raya and the Last Dragon”, and nine other films from Disney+ made the top fifteen streamed films of 2021.
The Walt Disney Company
- Joe Earley has been named President of Hulu and Rebecca Campbell’s role has shifted to Chairman of International Content and Operations.
WDW News Today
Tom’s Tokyo Disney Haul!
Donald Duck, Joy, and Vanellope Meet and Greet ‘Sightings’ Return to EPCOT
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!