We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, February 28, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire, the new castle stage show at Magic Kingdom, debuted a few days ago. While the show will be performed five times a day in the foreseeable future, the exact showtimes vary almost day-to-day.
- The exterior portion of TRON Lightcycle / Run at Magic Kingdom continues to be covered as strips of canopy are installed on a framework.
- The full menus for outdoor kitchens at this year’s EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival were released a week ago and now some menus have been posted throughout EPCOT.
- Exterior construction of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT is almost complete.
- Take a look at the loading dock for the upcoming attraction, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, at EPCOT.
- The Disney Parks official TikTok account posted a video this morning showing us new EARidescent flowers that will debut at this year’s EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival, in honor of Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary.
- Local Green Atlanta, a healthy fast casual restaurant, will be opening a location at Disney Springs this March.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- After a series of mass cancellations, interest in the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser has picked back up. All voyages are sold out through mid-July, according to the online availability calendar.
- D3-O9, the artificially intelligent droid that guests can speak to on screens aboard Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, may not be available on every cruise aboard Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.
- Starting March 3, 2022, maintenance work will take place at the dock area of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort. As a result, boat service to and from Magic Kingdom will be interrupted.
- After our report this morning that the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser was sold out through mid-July, more voyage dates have become available in May and June.
- The phone line for booking a Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage is currently unavailable.
- A new plaque at the entrance to Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure dedicates the land to the late Stan Lee.
- Check out our photo report from Monday, February 21.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- The Oriental Land Company has announced that they reached an agreement with the Chiba Prefectural Government to raise the capacity of Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea to 50% of full capacity.
- Disney’s Easter 2022 is almost here, and Tokyo Disneyland is planning to release plenty of new merchandise themed to the mischievous Usatama bunny-eggs along with a smattering of food and the return of the “Usatama on the Run” parade!
- A company which took on construction projects at Tokyo Disney Resort between 2018 and 2020 has been indicted by the Tokyo Regional Tax Bureau on the grounds of hiding income on projects worked on at the Tokyo Disney Resort, as well as dodging over $1 million in taxes.
- Springtime is almost here, and while Tokyo Disney Resort hasn’t announced the return of “Tip-Top Easter” or other festivities at Tokyo DisneySea, we do know that this year’s decor and merchandise will focus on flowers and Disney critters like Chip and Dale.
Disney Cruise Line
- The Disney Cruise Line reservation system will be unavailable for a system upgrade starting at 4:30 p.m. ET on Monday, March 7, 2022.
- A new Loungefly wallet inspired by the “Mickey Mouse” shorts including Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is now available at Walt Disney World.
- Merchandise for Disney and Pixar’s “Turning Red,” premiering on Disney+ on March 11, is now available on shopDisney.com.
- Ornaments are now available in Walt Disney World MaDe kiosks at Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. at the Magic Kingdom.
- A new MagicBand, featuring Din Djarin and Grogu from “The Mandalorian,” is now available at Walt Disney World.
- Check out today’s merchandise roundup!
The Walt Disney Company
- Gail Evans has been named Executive Vice President, Chief Digital and Technology Officer for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
- The official Twitter account of The Walt Disney Company just released a statement regarding the current crisis in Ukraine, saying they will be pausing all theatrical releases in Russia.
WDW News Today
Watch today’s episode of Ink & Paint!
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!