Nielsen has now released their weekly streaming chart for January 10 to 16, and “Encanto” hits number 1 with 1.488 billion total minutes of viewing.
“Encanto” has proven to be one of Disney’s most popular films to date. It’s been nominated for the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature Film, and “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” recently topped the Billboard Hot 100.
“Encanto” was released on Disney+ on December 24, 2021, so this was only a couple of weeks after its streaming release. About 38% of viewers were between the ages of 2 and 11.
Since Nielsen began compiling the rankings in 2020, it has been rare for non-Netflix titles to top the chart. Nielsen measures only streaming via a TV screen, so mobile streaming is not counted.
Here is the top 10 list for January 10 to 16:
- Encanto (Disney+) – film, 1.488 billion minutes of viewing
- Cobra Kai (Netflix) – 40 episodes, 1.038B min.
- Hotel Transylvania: Transformania (Prime Video) – film, 823M min.
- NCIS (Netflix) – 354 eps., 711M min.
- Cocomelon (Netflix) – 15 eps., 707M min.
- Criminal Minds (Netflix) – 320 eps., 687M min.
- Cheer (Netflix) – 15 eps., 629M min.
- The Witcher (Netflix) – 16 eps., 624M min.
- Stay Close (Netflix) – 8 eps., 558M min.
- Brazen (Netflix) – film, 531M min.