The Vacationeer is the exclusive travel partner of WDWNT. Visit wdwnt.travel to enlist their help in planning your next Disney vacation!
Last summer, Disney announced that Genie+ would be the new “paid Fastpass” replacement at Disney Parks. Genie+ launched on October 19, 2021, at Walt Disney World, and then on December 8, 2021, at Disneyland.
The initial rollout of Genie+ did not go well as many guests experienced technical issues and then had to face long waits at Guest Relations.
But one of the many perks of having a travel agent help with your vacation is not having to worry about figuring out how this new and confusing system works. The Vacationeer is here to help with this complete guide to the new program.
You Have the Fun While Disney Genie Service Does the Work
The complimentary Disney Genie service creates your best Disney day inspired by your party’s top interests. Upon launching the Disney Genie service in the app, you’ll have the opportunity to share what you’d like to do in a few easy steps. You can plan specific attractions, foodie experiences and entertainment, and special interests like Disney princesses, villains, Pixar, Star Wars, thrill rides, and more.
The Disney Genie service will then grant you a personalized itinerary that seamlessly and smartly maps out your special day — with updates that continue from morning to night. When you let Disney Genie be your guide, you’ll have quicker access to up-to-date park information, so you can be more spontaneous and have more fun — in the moment and on the go.
What’s Included in the Disney Genie?
Be sure to download the latest version of the My Disney Experience app, so you can take advantage of the new features:
- Tailored Recommendations – You’ll receive attraction and dining recommendations inspired in part by what you told the Disney Genie service you’re most interested in doing. It even displays a good time to go to an experience and an idea of the forecasted wait. Need to swap a recommendation out? No problem. Like many popular navigation apps, Disney Genie will continue to offer new suggestions throughout the day, so you can make the most of your time during your visit.
- A Personalized Daily Itinerary – Your “My Day” tab is where you’ll find Disney Genie recommendations and any plans you’ve made, including dining reservations, Disney Resort hotel reservations, and activity bookings. You’ll also be able to virtually chat with a Cast Member who can help answer any questions that arise.
- A Custom Tip Board – This new feature will let you see estimated wait times for your top attractions, entertainment, and dining. You’ll also be able to order food, make dining reservations, check into a restaurant, request to join an available virtual queue (currently at Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure), and even book arrival times for our new Lightning Lane entrance at select experiences if you’ve purchased Disney Genie+ service.
Take Your Day to the Next Level with Disney Genie+
Want even more convenience and flexibility? Consider purchasing the Genie+ for $15 per ticket per day. Please see below for features you get by purchasing the Genie+.
Enjoy the Magic You Want with Less Wait – Save time waiting in line by purchasing Disney Genie+ service! This new service at more than 40 attractions and experiences throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks lets you select the next available arrival window for the new Lightning Lane entrances.
You can make one selection at a time throughout the day—from classics like Haunted Mansion and thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (experiences subject to limited availability).
With Disney Genie+, you can select Lightning Lane arrival windows across multiple theme parks for those who have the Park Hopper option.
Please note you can only use the Lightning Lane queue one time for each qualifying ride. For example, if you use the Lightning Lane for Haunted Mansion on a particular park day, then you can not use the queue again for this same ride on the same park day.
Plus, you’ll also enjoy these additional features:
- Disney PhotoPass Lenses – Access special Disney PhotoPass Lenses for your mobile device, allowing you to explore magical new augmented reality effects.
- Audio Tales – Discover the parks in cool new ways through fascinating fun facts and behind-the-scenes insights you can listen to during your visit.
When to Select Attractions? Once you have Disney Genie+ service, you can book the next available arrival window for your first experience via the My Disney Experience app beginning at 7:00 a.m. on the day of your visit. Once you’ve redeemed your initial selection (or the arrival window has passed), you can make another selection using the app up to park closing. As a note, the app will notify you when you can make your next selection.
Individual Lightning Lane Selections
For some of the most highly demanded attractions, Disney will offer Lightning Lane entry as an “á la carte” purchase. This option will be available for all Guests — with or without Disney Genie+ service — and lets you choose a time to arrive at up to 2 attractions each day (booked one at a time).
Pricing and availability will vary by date, attraction, and park. Be sure to check the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit for current prices and attraction availability.
How to Purchase?
Purchase via Disney Genie service in the My Disney Experience mobile app on the same day of your visit.
When to Select Attractions?
You can purchase individual selections for up to 2 different attractions per day.
- Onsite Disney Resort Guests can make purchase and book at 7:00 a.m. each park day.
- All Other Guests can purchase and book when the park they are going to that day opens.
A valid theme park ticket and park reservation are required to attend the park you want to attend.
All rides will still have traditional standby queues or virtual queues available where applicable! Disney Genie + and Individual Lightning Lane Attractions are an optional purchase!
Below is a list of the Genie+ participating rides and the individual selection rides.
Ready to Book your next Disney World Vacation?
At The Vacationeer, we focus on providing our clients with the best Disney vacations possible. We are happy to answer your questions, give you insider tips and tricks, make your time-sensitive reservations, and provide you with the lowest costs available. Best of all, our services are 100% commission-free!
As a testament to our growing and satisfied client base, Disney recognizes The Vacationeer as an EarMarked Platinum Producer and an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. You can be confident we will put our hearts and minds into planning a trip that you and your family will remember forever!
Contact us today to learn how The Vacationeer can bring some extra magic to your next Disney vacation! Click here for a free quote.