We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, February 22 , 2022.
Walt Disney World
- More canopy strips have been installed above TRON Lightcycle / Run at Magic Kingdom since we last checked in yesterday!
- New concept art and photos for the Guardians of the the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Coaster offer a unique new look at the attraction.
- Chief Corporate Affairs Officer Geoff Morrell tweeted, then deleted, that Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind would be opening over Memorial Day weekend.
- Signs that will later list warnings, height restrictions, and more have been erected at the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind entrance in EPCOT.
- EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival runs from March 2 through July 4, and Disney has just released the menus for all of the outdoor kitchens.
- Preparation for the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival has begun at EPCOT. Outdoor kitchens are being prepared and new topiaries are blooming.
- Beginning March 2 through March 30, Disney Springs will have exclusive offerings for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney has released a look into more of the exclusive merchandise coming to the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, including apparel, accessories, and more.
- Guests with an upcoming Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser vacation are getting these new images in welcome emails.
- Disney previously announced that Make-A-Wish families would be among the first to board Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.
- We have a first look at the exclusive MagicBand (previously known as a “databand”) that Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser guests will receive.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Registration dates have been announced for the 2022 – 2023 season of runDisney events at Walt Disney World and virtually.
- The “Main Street Electrical Parade” is returning to Disneyland Park on April 22, 2022, for its 50th anniversary with some changes. The changes reflect the “inclusivity” movement currently underway at Disney Parks around the world.
- Disneyland has announced that “Main Street Electrical Parade,” “Disneyland Forever,” and “World of Color” will return on April 22, 2022. “Fantasmic!” will return to Disneyland on May 28, 2022.
- For Presidents’ Day, the Muppets have shared a video of Sam Eagle in the lobby of Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln in Disneyland.
- After the closure of several businesses in Downtown Disney District, construction has begun on the reimagining of the district’s west side.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Tokyo Disney Resort will begin selling frozen cinnamon Mickey Churros through the Tokyo Disney Resort App starting March 3.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- The closure of Hong Kong Disneyland due to COVID-19 has been extended until April 20, 2022.
- The second series of pins inspired by the Disney Fab 50 gold statues is now available at Walt Disney World.
- A unique lightsaber and personalization options will available to guests on board the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.
- Several new limited release and limited edition pins have arrived at Walt Disney World this week, check out these from Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Two new keychains from the 50th anniversary Vault Collection are now available at Walt Disney World.
- Two new limited edition MagicBands have arrived for spring at Walt Disney World. The first is inspired by the upcoming Pixar film “Turning Red” while the second is for Easter.
- A new Mickey balloon sipper is now available at Disneyland Resort to go with all of your other Mickey balloon accessories.
- Several new scented candles in special themed candle holders are now available at Disneyland Resort.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Walt Disney Company and State Farm have announced a multi-year relationship to span Disney Parks and Resorts and Disney Advertising Sales.
WDW News Today
Toy Story Land Problems Begin a New Era at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Timekeeping
Disney Questioning Guest Commitment to Galactic Starcruiser, Ticket Price Increases at WDW – NewsToday
Almost There – Time to Talk About Disney’s Princess and the Frog! – Deep in the Plus
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!