We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Saturday, February 12, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Corporate sponsorship continues to creep onto Main Street, U.S.A. at the Magic Kingdom as more Mars branding has been added outside the Main Street Confectionery. A new dimensional sign featuring M&Ms now hangs outside the former Chapeau.
- The month-long Splash Mountain refurbishment at Magic Kingdom is complete and the ride reopened last night after unexpected delays. We hopped on to check out the changes and found… very little.
- The newest construction update for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind are these lights on the roof that have been illuminated.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Two months after its release in theaters, costumes from main characters in “West Side Story” have been added to the Walt Disney Presents gallery at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Both nighttime shows at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney Movie Magic and Wonderful World of Animation, were canceled for today.
- The redesigned Buzz Lightyear has debuted in the Pixar Pals Motorcade at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The Grandstand leisure pool area at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort will be closed from February 14 through mid-March 2022 for refurbishment.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will close yet again tomorrow, February 13, due to inclement weather.
- The new entrance to the Cast Member parking lot at the Transportation and Ticket Center is now open after construction was completed last month.
- Check out our Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs photo report from Thursday, February 10.
- Some Cast Members at Disneyland Paris will have new and updated costumes in honor of the 30th anniversary of the park.
- Among the reveals during a showcase today, Disneyland Paris gave a closer look at some of the accessories Disney characters will wear for the resort’s 30th anniversary.
- We’ve got a sneak peek of more 30th anniversary treats coming soon to Disneyland Paris.
- A “Play in the Park” collection Mickey Balloon ear headband has floated into Magic Kingdom.
- Anyone can be a Disney Princess with this new Minnie ear headband, now available at Disneyland Resort.
- A new button-up shirt inspired by Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride has arrived at Walt Disney World.
- BaubleBar and Disney have released a Valentine’s Day collection of earrings and bracelets, now available at Walt Disney World.
- On a recent trip to Disneyland Park, we discovered this new “Beautiful Florals” pin that opens to reveal Pocahontas.
- Avengers, assemble for this new iPhone case we found at the World of Disney Store in the Downtown Disney District!
- Another new Disney Vacation Club Member pin is now available at Walt Disney World.
- Check out today’s merchandise roundup!
Entertainment and Media
- Nielsen has now released their weekly streaming chart for January 10 to 16, and “Encanto” hits number 1 with 1.488 billion total minutes of viewing.
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!