We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, February 3, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Jungle Cruise is currently unavailable at the Magic Kingdom, but the ride’s skippers won’t let guests go without a magical experience. We caught them gathered at the top of the stairs in Adventureland re-enacting the entire ride for guests walking by.
- Test Track was scheduled to close at 6:30 p.m. again this evening, while the rest of EPCOT remains open until 9 p.m. This is the third consecutive day of the 6:30 p.m. closures. The reason has not been given.
- Following the complete installation of the Xandarian starship in front of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT, crew members are once again working on repainting the pillars on the sides of the building.
- The EPCOT line of the Disney Skyliner was down today, only a week after it reopened from a refurbishment.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Guests staying at Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will travel by shuttle to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, where they will enter through a tunnel next to First Order Cargo. More themed elements have been added to the docking bay tunnel since we first got a look at it a couple of weeks ago.
- The entertainment schedules have been released for bands performing as part of “Celebrate Soulfully” at Disney Springs this Black History Month.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Carriage rides will be returning to Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside starting tomorrow, February 4, 2022.
- Disney may be hoping for smooth sailings once the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser opens on March 1, but they’re facing yet another struggle to get off the ground. Waitstaff are in seemingly short supply as experienced Walt Disney World Cast Members hesitate to leave their current positions.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings has announced opportunities to tour wedding venues and meet the wedding staff at Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Guests staying at any Disneyland Resort hotel can enjoy new fitness activities offered by Tenaya Stone Spa at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
- The new Gorgeous Grey Stuff and Heart-shaped Butter Cookie are now available at Red Rose Taverne in Disneyland Park.
- Mulan, Mushu, and the Three Little Pigs aren’t the only characters appearing at Disney California Adventure for the Lunar New Year. Guests can also see Tigger, and Mickey and Minnie in physically distanced character sightings.
- It’s been a while since we checked in on the work happening at the Paradise Bay lagoon at Disney California Adventure, home of “World of Color.” The nighttime spectacular will return this spring, but until then, it is under refurbishment.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Quite a bit of attractions are scheduled for their two-week refurbishments through August 2022 (and a couple of multi-month ones on the way too), so let’s take a look at the refurbishment schedule at both Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo DisneySea!
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Wish itineraries are currently unavailable to book, according to an announcement on the Disney Cruise Line website.
- The maiden voyage of the new Disney Cruise Line ship, Disney Wish, has been delayed from June 9 to July 14, 2022.
- The first Disney Vacation Club cruise was scheduled for the second Disney Wish sailing leaving June 14. It has now been moved to July 19.
- Disney Cruise Line released a full statement regarding the delay of the Disney Wish.
- New Walt Disney World 50th anniversary pins featuring Mickey and friends are coming soon to Disney Parks and shopDisney.
- Figment, Woody, and Simba have joined the Tinker Bell figure available for purchase at Walt Disney World, completing the set.
- A new limited edition MagicBand is now available at Walt Disney World for Valentine’s Day.
- Walt Disney World has some new kitchen “Mousewares” for anyone who wants to add some Disney magic to their baking.
- If you’re fans of the future that never was, you might just love this new Tomorrowland ladies tee that we spotted at Disneyland Park!
- A new limited edition “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” MagicBand is now available at Keystone Clothiers in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Check out yesterday’s merchandise roundup!
The Walt Disney Company
- Chairman of Disney Parks, Josh D’Amaro, posted the first of what will be many videos directed towards Disney fans on his LinkedIn page yesterday.
WDW News Today
Watch tonight’s episode of WDW News Tonight!
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!