We bring you a lot of stories every single day, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we’ve rounded up all our stories in one place to get today’s news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, February 24, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Showtimes have been adjusted for the March 3 performances of “Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire”.
- Steel is rising above the Connections Café & Eatery as construction begins to conclude.
- New construction walls are up in the World Nature area of the park.
- Levels are being created in the Journey of Water inspired by “Moana” site.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Our latest photo report from Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the Magic Kingdom highlights exclusive MagicBands, progress on TRON Lightcycle Run, and more.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Exclusive designs of Disney gift cards will be available aboard the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.
- The Martinique Leisure Pool and Fuentes Del Morro Water Play Area are now closed for refurbishment through mid-April at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Kevin & Jody have teased a new line of collectables coming to Walt Disney World for the 50th Anniversary celebration.
- Blizzard Beach will remain closed through at least mid-May as its annual refurbishment continues.
- Three major attractions have been moved from Individual Lightning Lane to the standard Disney Genie+ offering through August 7.
- Full menus have been announced for this year’s Food & Wine Festival at Disney California Adventure.
- Disneyland Resort President Ken Potrock says the newly refreshed Mickey’s Toontown will be “more interactive” and said more improvements and changes to the guest experience are on their way.
- In the same interview, Potrock also said that the Disneyland version of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will have “some enhancements that Florida doesn’t”.
- Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta has reopened at Disney California Adventure.
- Drones are currently in rehearsal above Disneyland Paris for the upcoming “Disney D-Light” preshow.
- MaDe kiosks now feature new MagicBands themed to Encanto and the Princess Half-Marathon.
- A new floral United Kingdom-themed floral headband is now available at EPCOT.
- Along with that headband, a whole collection of Anglophile-friendly United Kingdom floral merchandise has come to EPCOT.
- EPCOT gets a lot of love today with a new EPCOT Corkcicle tumbler.
- Disney Movie Insiders can pick up an exclusive new Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser grand opening pin.
- A new apron and dishtowel themed to Chef Mickey’s are now available at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- Fans of the classic “America on Parade” from the Bicentennial will love the new Vault Collection windbreaker we spotted at Walt Disney World.
- Our Walt Disney World merchandise roundup featured plenty of new “Star Wars” pins and mugs, a Kermit the Frog shirt, and much more.
Entertainment & Media
- A new preview video of behind the scenes content available with the release of “Spider-Man: No Way Home” next month was released.
WDW News Today
- Disney Genie+ can get pretty confusing, but fortunately our exclusive travel sponsor The Vacationeer can help you make sense of it!
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Opening Date Announced, More Galactic Starcruiser Previews – NewsToday 2/23/22
Main Street Electrical Parade Returning with New Float, Other Nighttime Show Returns Announced – Disneyland News Today 2/24/22
Peppa Pig Theme Park Grand Opening, Best Disney World Ride Scenes – WDW News Tonight 2/24/22
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!