We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, March 4, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Added to the Refreshment Port for the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival is the returning Italian Sausage and Peppers Poutine, along with two new beverages — a hard cider and a specialty martini!
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends at EPCOT is getting a new aquatic species, according to a sign outside the nursery module in the aquarium.
- This year for the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival, each Joffrey’s location has a special refresher drink.
- Living with the Land is celebrating the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival with special edible flower gardens and topiaries.
- In addition to the lavender martini, Refreshment Port has added blueberry and lemonade soft serve ice cream to their menu for the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
- The 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival has begun, and guests can now enjoy 22 global gardens, including a new one presented by Scentsy. Check them all out here.
- Disney seems to be aiming to open Connections Café and Eatery sooner rather than later as work is moving quickly on the new EPCOT restaurant.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Two new treats have arrived at ABC Commissary in Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the spring: a tropical tart and mint-chocolate chip cheesecake.
- A new complimentary magnet for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders is now available at Disney Springs.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Aboard Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, if you’re looking for cosmic cocktails or space-themed spirits, you can stop by the Sublight Lounge on Deck 6. To help you decide what to treat yourself with, we tried out the drinks. We also tried all of the snacks included with your voyage!
- Guests who stay at Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser get a “shore excursion” to Batuu (Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disney’s Hollywood Studios) where they may complete missions on behalf of the Resistance or the First Order. It turns out these missions change if Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is down.
- Check out for full, honest, and in-depth review of Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser here.
- In a new video, Walt Disney Imagineers discuss the creation of D3-O9, an artificially intelligent logistics droid that appears on screens on Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.
- Day 3 onboard the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is departure day and much like Disney Cruise Line voyages, disembarkation is bright and early. However, there’s time for one last breakfast buffet at the Crown of Corellia Dining Room.
- During the evening with Gaya dinner on the first night of our Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser adventure, we dined at the Captain’s Table.
- After the Halcyon Celebration, passengers can enjoy a Sweets & Treats buffet in the Crown of Corellia Dining Room before bed on their final night aboard the Halcyon.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Hours have been extended from March 20 through March 26 at all four Walt Disney World theme parks.
- The Food and Wine Festival at Disney California Adventure is back, and we’re brimming with excitement for all of the new food we get to try, as well as tasting some of our old favorites. While the D•Lish booth is returning with only one new item this year, we’re still excited to say hello to some of the older dishes.
- If you have a soft spot for artichokes, I highly recommend taking a stroll over to the I ♥ Artichokes booth during the 2022 Food & Wine Festival at Disney California Adventure.
- The west side of Downtown Disney District is receiving a major refurbishment. Several businesses in the area, including Starbucks, closed to make way for the work, which began last month.
- With the long-awaited return of Soarin’ Over California for the 2022 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, the attraction’s sign in Grizzly Peak Airfield has finally been installed to reflect the film change.
- Find out what your (food) dreams are made of at the Golden Dreams booth while visiting the 2022 Food & Wine Festival at Disney California Adventure.
- If you’re looking to spice up your life while visiting Disney California Adventure during the 2022 Food & Wine Festival, head over to the Peppers Cali-ente marketplace.
- Feel like there’s too many choices at the 2022 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival? You might want to check out the Sip and Savor Pass, which is a great way to save some money while still trying a bunch of the festival’s offerings!
- Do you prefer chicken or beef? Regardless of the answer, Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo at the 2022 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival has options for lovers of both, as well as a delightful new drink!
Tokyo Disney Resort
- While Tokyo Disney Resort has famously remained the last Disney resort to not reintroduce an annual pass system after abruptly retiring it in October 2020, it seems they are ready to dip their toes in with a rather confusing (and arguably low-value) new “Multi-Visit Passport”.
- A large piece featuring the Worldwide Engineering Brigade (WEB) logo has been installed on the WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure building in Avengers Campus at Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris.
Disney Cruise Line
- Guests at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and on the Disney Cruise Line will be able to enjoy special “Turning Red” experiences soon.
- A new Dooney & Bourke bag (and possibly a whole collection) inspired by Pixar films will be available at Walt Disney World on March 7.
- A lemon-inspired ear headband has finally arrived at the Italy Pavilion in EPCOT after first being available at Disneyland Resort.
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter has two new mugs perfect for anyone celebrating Mardi Gras at home and one travel mug for those of you on the go.
- A new Jim Shore figure featuring Minnie Mouse riding a Prince Charming Regal Carrousel horse celebrates 50 years of Walt Disney World Resort.
Entertainment and Media
- “Encanto” continues to be the number one movie on the Nielsen streaming charts.
- Disney Legend, Tim Considine, famous for being a recurring sketch star on “The Mickey Mouse Club” as well as “My Three Sons” later in his career, has passed away at age 81.
- As rumored yesterday, Disney+ will introduce an ad-supported subscription option in addition to the option without ads in the U.S.A. later this year.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney has released a statement addressing the “Don’t Say Gay” bill presented by Florida legislation. The company has been under heavy criticism for donating to sponsors of the bill and remaining silent.
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!