We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, March 3, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Today’s 1:15 p.m. performance of Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire at Magic Kingdom was suddenly ended in the middle of the final number.
- Following the sudden cancelation of a performance of Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire, Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom is now being evacuated.
- Today was the beginning of the 2022 Disney Dreamers Academy, an annual event that introduces students to an array of classes, such as sessions teaching valuable life lessons and tools. Things got kicked off with a parade at Magic Kingdom.
- Last week, Disney Parks announced on TikTok that EARidescent flowers would debut at the festival. Today, we got a look at the first of them at EPCOT.
- While visiting EPCOT during the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival, make sure to head over to Trowel & Trellis for plant-based dishes and energizing beverages.
- “Sink your teeth into authentic Chinese eats filled with morsels of good fortune!” is how Disney describes the Lotus House at the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival. With a menu full of fan-favorite beverages, we highly recommend stopping to check this booth out.
- Let’s head over to the Mexico pavilion for the start of the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival to taste some festive and creative dishes (and maybe some margaritas as well).
- “Journey to Japan for innovative plates crafted with culinary Zen,” at the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival. On the menu this year is the perfectly Instagram-able Frushi, along with a two new dishes and an entirely new beverage menu!
- We’re here at the opening of the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival, and ready to head over and taste the dishes from our neighbors to the north at the Northern Bloom booth!
- We’re ready to take on the Italy food booth while we’re here visiting the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival (not really, but we have to eat it, so let’s do this!)
- France, the pavilion full of food options just got a little bit bigger with the addition of the Fleur de Lys booth, available during the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival. This year the booth returns with almost an entirely new menu!
- Cider House returns to the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival with an array of ciders and beers, along with a tasty dessert and new BLT scone that we’re intrigued to try!
- If you’re looking for a sweet treat, we recommend stopping over at the Pineapple Promenade booth during the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival. With lots of Dole Whip and fruity beers, this should satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
- Nourish yourself with flavorful fare made with healthy ingredients fresh from the garden,” is how Flavor Full Kitchen is described for the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival, which is running from March 2nd to July 4th, 2022.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, The Trolley Car Café has a new chocolate-covered apple.
- It’s springtime at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, which means new spring snacks. Rosie’s All-American Café is serving up a new s’more cupcake.
- The March 2022 exclusive cookie at Gideon’s Bakehouse in Disney Springs is the Coffee Toffee Chocolate Chip, making a return from last year.
- It’s almost St. Patrick’s Day, which means it’s almost time for the annual Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant in Disney Springs.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney Vacation Club will reopen sales for The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa today, March 3, 2022, for current members.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can book their October, November, or December voyage on Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser with an early booking window today.
- Bookings for October through December 2022 at Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will open to the general public tomorrow, March 4.
- For those who return hungry from Batuu or remain on the Halcyon, a lunch buffet is served in the Crown of Corellia Dining Room on day 2 of the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage. Our reporters found the offering disappointing.
- In what has been one of the most anticipated and advertised moments for the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, we’ve just experienced Lightsaber Training. The following review will give a complete account of our experience, including spoilers.
- On our second night on the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, the stakes of the story were raised before reaching a thrilling finale. This article will contain major story spoilers for the Starcruiser.
- Disneyland custodial Cast Member Ray Banales has been honored with the Disney Heroes Award after he bravely rescued the driver of a vehicle that swerved out of control on the 5 Freeway.
- It’s our favorite time of the year again at Disney California Adventure park — Food & Wine time! And if you happen to be nuts about cheese, this booth is undoubtedly going to deliver with its array of cheese dishes.
- Let’s celebrate our love for California with a visit to Uncork California at the 2022 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival.
- LA Style returns to the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival with an entirely new menu.
- This year, the Berry Patch has returned to the Food & Wine Festival in Disney California Adventure with entirely new food and drinks. Each item stars a different berry!
- The Food & Wine Festival at Disney California Adventure has returned, and we’re so excited to be tasting all of the new dishes. This year at California Craft Brews, there’s a wide array of beer to choose from, as well as beer-infused sausage dog!
- Back for another year at the Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival is Avocado Time, where this booth has masterfully prepared the avocado in many forms for our delight, including a wonderful new Frozen Guacamole!
- Would you like to be kissed by garlic? Anyone who answers “yes,” make sure you head over to the Garlic Kissed booth during the 2022 Food & Wine Festival at Disney California Adventure.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- They say April showers bring May flowers, so Duffy and Friends are preparing with adorable rainy day merchandise in their latest line — Duffy & Friends’ Beautiful Rainy Days!
Disney Cruise Line
- The Disney Magic cruise ship has updated its itineraries for two European cruises due to the ongoing Russian attack on Ukraine.
- Staring March 11, face coverings will be optional in most indoor locations aboard Disney Cruise Line ships.
- A new ear headband is available at the 2022 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, which officially kicks off on March 4.
- Our Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser adventure might be over, but this attraction ends with a gift shop. See the full list of offerings and pricing here.
- While we have yet to see either of the first two series of Mickey Mouse: The Main Attraction, save for one pin, here in the United States, we already have a look at the March collection courtesy of shopDisney UK, themed to Mad Tea Party!
- if you’re traveling aboard the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, you might want to pick up some souvenirs for commemorating your voyage aboard the Halcyon. And if you want to add a little extra in-universe touch to your shopping experience, you can pick up this special recycled plastic composite Disney Gift Card themed to the Chandrila Star Line, operators of the Halcyon!
Entertainment and Media
- Tony Walton, an Oscar and Tony Award-winning production and costume designer most famous for his work on “Mary Poppins”, “All That Jazz”, and “Guys and Dolls” has passed away. He was 87 years old.
- A source involved in the talks stated that Disney is considering launching a cheaper version of their Disney+ streaming service with ads in the US.
WDW News Today
- Tonight we are unboxing EVERY merchandise item from the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. Join us at 7 PM EST for Boxed In!
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Maiden Voyage, 2022 International Flower & Garden Festival Begins – NewsToday 3/2
Runaway Railway Will Not Be Clone of Florida Counterpart, Avengers Campus Dedicated to Stan Lee – Disneyland News Today 3/3
2022 Dreamers Academy Parade at Walt Disney World
Boxed In: Unboxing Every Merch Item from Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!