We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, April 1, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- After two and a half months of Doc, another one of the Seven Dwarfs has a specialty ice cream cone at Storybook Treats in Magic Kingdom: Sneezy.
- Pinocchio Village Haus at Magic Kingdom has two new menu items featuring flavors of Mexico: roasted street corn flatbread and a tres leches cake inspired by “it’s a small world.”
- Disney Parks shared a TikTok video for April Fool’s Day featuring a Stitch plush holding a roll of toilet paper in front of Cinderella Castle.
- Construction continues on the long-awaited TRON Lightcycle / Run in Magic Kingdom, which sits next to Space Mountain and behind Tomorrowland Speedway.
- We are about one month away from media previews of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, which means construction is wrapping up on the attraction’s exterior.
- Disney Parks shared a video on Instagram implying an announcement regarding Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be coming on Monday, April 4.
- Plants now surround one entrance to Connections Café and Eatery, the upcoming quick-service restaurant at EPCOT.
- Disney has announced that this year’s “One Family” Pin Celebration will be taking place at EPCOT on August 12 and 13.
- D23 has shared another look at the Galaxarium in the Wonders of Xandar Pavilion, which will be the first room guests enter in the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind queue at EPCOT.
- Superdry has filed a lawsuit against Disney, Florida Politics reports, claiming Disney wants to kick them out of their Disney Springs location early.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Like other Walt Disney World resorts, Disney’s Contemporary Resort is celebrating Easter season with a display of chocolate eggs.
- Walt Disney Imagineers want to eventually incorporate “Star Wars” holidays into the immersive storytelling aboard the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.
- CurlCap, owned by Britney Sadè, has become the first Black-owned apparel company to sell original authorized Disney merchandise.
- We have entered the 2022 runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend, which means new runDisney merchandise.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis says he is “receptive” to the Florida legislature repealing the 1967 Reedy Creek Improvement Act, which essentially allows Walt Disney World its own self-governing district.
- Hours have been extended from April 17 through April 23 at all four Walt Disney World theme parks.
- In a new interview with the Orange County Register, Disneyland Resort President Ken Potrock looked back on the past two years of the COVID-19 pandemic. According to Potrock, Disneyland Resort is only halfway through its phased opening.
- Avengers assemble! Calling all Marvel fans – a new Marvel-themed Spirit Jersey has just arrived at Disneyland.
- We found this adorable sleeping Miss Bunny Cuddleez plush in the Emporium at Disneyland Park.
- A ton of new apparel featuring Mickey and other classic characters has arrived at Disneyland Resort.
- Snuggle up with these new weighted plush – designed to help those with anxiety, autism, and other conditions – that have arrived at Disneyland Resort.
- Celebrate spring with the return of Eggstravaganza — a special egg hunt taking place at Disneyland Park from March 31 to April 17, 2022.
- A new ear headband featuring Tinker Bell is now available at Disneyland Paris in honor of the resort’s 30th anniversary.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line is extending the final payment deadline to 30 days prior to sailing for more Disney Magic sailings, as well as relaxing the cancellation fee schedule of these sailings as they wait for clarification on the requirements to visit certain ports.
- Disney Cruise Line has announced that physical distancing will end (except for character interactions) and self-service buffets will return to their cruise ships starting today, April 1, 2022.
WDW News Today
Watch tonight’s episode of Tokyo Rift!
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!