We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, August 10, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- With the start of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party just days away, the Magic Kingdom is nearly ready for the spooky season with the arrival of more seasonal wreaths
- Get ready to party ’90s style and dance the night away in Tomorrowland, as two new offerings have been announced for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Earlier this year, Disney confirmed that Fantasmic! would be returning to Walt Disney World and Disneyland in 2022. The return date could be announced at D23 Expo.
- That lovable cat and fish from “Pinocchio,” Figaro and Cleo, are featured in the latest collection of Dooney & Bourke bags at the Disneyland Resort.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney Parks, Products, and Experiences made a revenue of $7.4 billion in the third fiscal quarter of 2022, as the company revealed in its quarterly earnings report on Wednesday.
- Walt Disney World and the Disneyland Resort both experienced an increase in per guest spending during the third fiscal quarter of 2022.
- Over the last quarter, 50% of guests visiting Walt Disney World utilized Genie+ according to Disney CEO Bob Chapek.
- In response to a potential recession, Disney CFO Christine McCarthy said today that Disney could modify annual pass blackout dates if demand decreases.
- According to bulletins posted on the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort websites, reservation systems for both resorts will undergo maintenance starting at midnight EDT on August 11.
- Window decor for the Halloween season hit displays down Main Street U.S.A. in Disneyland Park!
- Fresh off the premiere of his Disney+ series, guests can now pose for a Magic Shot with Groot at Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure.
- Disney Parks posted 70% increase in revenue for the third quarter of 2022 but is still claiming to have been affected by an “unfavorable attendance mix.”
Tokyo Disney Resort
- While guests at the Tokyo Disney Resort are largely known for ardently following the rules and causing little trouble, today a guest climbed into a fountain.
- Chandu, Mickey, and Minnie in Arabian Coast are featured on Tokyo DisneySea 21st Anniversary merchandise that arrives on September 4.
- Tokyo Disney Resort revealed its slate of Halloween treats across both parks coming next month!
- On today’s earnings call, it was revealed that revenue and operating income for Disney’s three wholly-operated international resorts had grown quite a bit over 2021, with most growth focused at Disneyland Paris.
Entertainment and Media
- Subscribers can begin enjoying ad-supported Disney+ for a lower price beginning in the United States on December 8.
- Disney CEO Bob Chapek stated today that kids profiles and pre-school content will not have ads, “at least at launch”.
- Analysts had predicted a growth of approximately 10 million new Disney+ subscribers in the third quarter of 2022, but the streaming service exceeded expectations and boasted 14.4 million new subscriptions.
- The Walt Disney Company reported in their Q3 2022 earnings call today that they added enough subscribers across their services to finally surpass Netflix.
- Disney CEO Bob Chapek credits original Marvel series that for the Disney+ platform growth.
The Walt Disney Company
- In today’s Q3 earnings call, Disney revealed they expect to increase their capital expenditures to $6 billion in the coming years.
WDW News Today
Halloween 2022 Merchandise Tour at Disneyland Resort
Giancarlo Esposito Confirms Talks with Marvel, Rumored to Be Next Professor X?
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!