We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, September 30, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Despite previously being sold-out, tickets were available for this evening’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
- We made sure to go around and take a look at the state of the Magic Kingdom post-Hurricane Ian.
- We of course had to try the new Figment sponge cake introduced for EPCOT’s 40th Anniversary!
- There’s also a new liege waffle themed to the EPCOT 40th at the Connections Café.
- If you’re curious how EPCOT held up during Hurricane Ian, you can take a look at our post-hurricane check-in.
- The final “Future World” sign has finally been replaced at The Seas.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Hours have been extended during the final three months of the year at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Things were looking pretty peaceful at Disney’s Hollywood Studios following Hurricane Ian, but we still stopped in to check.
- Our last stop circling around the rest post-Ian was to check in at Disney Springs and assess what’s left to fix.
- Harveys has released a new EPCOT 40th Anniversary seatbelt bag.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- Walt Disney World will resume its normal operating hours on October 1, with Typhoon Lagoon reopening on Sunday.
- A new pair of Shanghai Disney Resort-themed ears are now available at Disneyland.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Character high-fives and autographs are back at character greetings in Japan, although hugs are still banned.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney released a statement from CEO Bob Chapek today following the Hurricane Ian storm and closure.
- The Board of Directors will expand with the addition of Carolyn Everson, a tech executive.
WDW News Today
40 Years of EPCOT: Hurricane Ian, Cornac, Liquid Magic – WDW News Tonight Episode 223
🔴LIVE Join Tom at the Reopening of Walt Disney World Theme Parks After Hurricane Ian
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!