We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, December 9, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- A 16-Foot-Tall Te Fiti has been added to the future outdoor attraction Journey of Water inspired by Moana. Walt Disney Imagineering shared the first look at this massive new focal point in a photo posted on Instagram.
- The massive Te Fiti figure can even be seen by guests as they ride the EPCOT Monorail.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will soon be able to save 20% on food and non-alcoholic beverages at select holiday kitchens during the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Starting on December 16, fans can celebrate the second film in the “Avatar” saga with new treats at Satu’li Canteen, the eatery in Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- A brand new Tree of Life Awakenings projection show themed to “Avatar: The Way of Water” will begin December 12 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- The Walt Disney World Annual Passholder merchandise discount will increase from 20% to 30% through the holiday season.
- A new premium Mickey balloon-shaped popcorn bucket is coming soon to Magic Kingdom.
- A new collection of Canada Pavilion merchandise has arrived in EPCOT, offering Canucks a chance to show off their pride of the Great White North.
- A new Holiday Cookie Stroll cookie jar is available at Port of Entry, celebrating the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Bonus reservations are available to Walt Disney World Annual Passholders, opening up Park Pass reservations for all four Walt Disney World theme parks from December 12 through December 23, 2022.
- Our WDWNT team has prepared a handy guide for modifying Genie+ Lightning Lane selections, following an update to the My Disney Experience mobile app.
- Signs have begun to appear throughout the Walt Disney World Resort encouraging guests to “Skip the Straw” to protect our oceans.
- Disneyland After Dark ticketed events will return to Disneyland Park in 2023, including the return of Sweethearts’ Nite and a newly themed Princess Nite.
- Ten new MagicBand+ designs are available at Disneyland Resort’s TomorrowLanding, featuring the likes of the Cheshire Cat, Chip ‘n’ Dale, and others.
- As “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” continues to perform at the box office, fans of King Namor McKenzie will be able to purchase new Namor merchandise honoring Marvel’s undersea hero at The Star Trader in Disneyland Park.
- The Aristocats Dooney & Bourke Collection by artist Ann Shen has been released at Disney Clothiers in Disneyland Park, featuring three signature bags inspired by Disney’s beloved “The Aristocats” feature everyone’s favorite felines.
Entertainment and Media
- A new version of the Cal Kestis Legacy Lightsaber hilt is available with pre-orders of the “Star Wars Jedi: Survivor” Collector’s Edition game.
The Walt Disney Company
- Ever since Disney announced that Bob Iger would be returning as the company’s CEO, the stock ($DIS) price has soared until this week. We saw the first drastic drop in the Walt Disney Company stock price this week.
WDW News Today
More Ticket Price Increases, James Cameron Wants Update to AVATAR Flight of Passage – NewsToday 12/9
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!