We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, January 13, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The character greetings at Pete’s Silly Sideshow in Fantasyland are back once again after three years!
- After disappearing for the 50th Anniversary, the iconic Mickey face floral has returned to the Magic Kingdom‘s entrance.
- Today was the launch day for the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts, and we started the day off with a look inside this year’s passport.
- The Figment’s Brush with the Masters scavenger hunt is back this year, and we have a full look!
- A new guide map debuted at EPCOT today with all mentions of the PLAY! Pavilion removed.
- If you want to get in on the creativity this festival, you can paint a masterpiece by numbers at the Expression Section.
- We have a full photo and video tour of Figment’s Imagination Station, a new location at the Odyssey Pavilion for the festival.
- And of course we had to review all of the new food at Figment’s Imagination Station as well.
- A new exhibit called Drawing on Inspiration: Celebrating EPCOT honors the park’s 40 year history.
- Along with the new festivities, there’s also a new Beacon of Magic show featuring excerpts from the original Journey into Imagination attraction! Dreamfinder and Figment even speak!
- It’s review time for every single booth! First up, The Craftsman’s Courtyard has revamped its menu this year, with only one item returning and adopting some popular dishes from other food studios.
- A new food booth named Moderne has made its debut, so we had to try its new “avant-garde” menu!
- The Painted Panda returned for its sixth appearance. While the menu this year remains almost identical to the 2022 menu, a new beer and canned cocktail were added to the beverages lineup.
- Refreshment Outpost has added a few items to its menu for the festival! Returning from last year are the plant-based Bratwurst and the perfectly Instagramable Artist Palette cookie, along with a variety of beers.
- El Artista Hambriento returned with an entirely new menu, including two savory dishes, one dessert, and two new cocktails.
- The Pastoral Palate is back for its second year, and these classic, hearty German dishes receive an artful spin that has us asking for “mehr.”
- The Artist’s Table, located in the American Adventure, is known for bringing typical, daily comfort food and elevating the dishes to have an elegant flair, and this year is no different.
- It’s the start of the new year, so we’re deciding to be hopeful and go into the Italy-themed booth, L’Arte di Mangiare, with positive attitudes and open minds. For the 2023 festival, the food menu is completely new.
- We may not talk about Bruno, but we definitely want to talk about Vibrante & Vívido: Encanto Cocina. This Encanto-themed kitchen serves up dishes that are as pretty as Isabela!
- The Funnel Cake Kiosk never ceases to amaze us with the creations they make for the various food festivals around EPCOT. This year there’s a Mocha Funnel Cake that will have chocolate lovers jumping for joy.
- Like in previous years, the Refreshment Port has created a specialty menu available during the festival. The menu this year is nearly identical to last year’s.
- Deco Delights is a treat for the eyes as much as it is for the taste buds. This food studio serves up treats inspired by the art deco movement, which combined luxury materials into modern forms and shapes.
- The Deconstructed Dish is a staple of the festival. Taking classic dishes such as a BLT, key lime pie, and more, then literally deconstructing them and turning them into different forms! It’s the same taste you’re used to, in a completely new way of eating it.
- Goshiki is a Japanese-themed food studio and the menu is almost entirely new this year, so we went to try it all out!
- Along with the pretty presentations and tasty food, all of the portion sizes we were given from Gourmet Landscapes were very generous, making it a win in our book.
- French food is already known for having beautiful presentations and being full of lovely flavors, so we hope L’Art de la Cuisine Française will be a hit this year.
- Pop Eats! is another staple of the festival. Serving up creamy tomato soups paired with crispy, cheesy grilled sandwiches, along with a sweet almond cake and a glass of bubbly blue champagne, there’s a colorful option for everyone!
- Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina, has added some special options to its menu for the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts. From kebabs to carrots, to dessert phyllo pockets, this a perfect option for families craving flavors from the Mediterranean.
- If you can’t get enough Figment during your visit to the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts, then we recommend stopping by Connections Cafe. Added to the menu, special for the festival, is a Figment-themed liege waffle!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Starting next week, the Tree of Life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will undergo repainting.
- A new fig bar Figment Munchling debuted today as part of the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
- Also for the Festival, Figment takes center stage on a new black and rainbow Spirit Jersey!
- In fact, we have a full list of all the new merchandise created for this year’s Festival of the Arts!
- The Figment popcorn bucket is back again, this time with a new EPCOT40 strap.
- And fast as it came, the popcorn bucket sold out on the very first day.
- Vault Collection fans won’t want to miss the new 25th Anniversary bomber jacket we found at EPCOT!
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- The schedule is out for Disney Vacation Club Moonlight Magic nights at the Walt Disney World theme parks throughout 2023.
- Park hours have been extended at all four Walt Disney World parks throughout February.
- The showtimes for the first performances of “Magic Happens” have been revealed.
- New flags for the Disney100 celebration have been installed above the Disneyland entrance.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- A new video revealed the first look at the Elsa animatronic with no projection face coming to Frozen Ever After this year at Hong Kong Disneyland.
- The Disney friends will greet guests in their new Disney100 costumes, which debuted today, at Hong Kong Disneyland this year.
Entertainment & Media
The Walt Disney Company
- Singapore’s Jewel Changi Airport is getting in on the Disney100 celebration with limited time character greetings, a fountain show, and more!
WDW News Today
2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts Merchandise! – Boxed In
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!