We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, January 11, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- No more Magic Kingdom Park Passes are available for Annual Passholders on April 4, 2023, the opening day of TRON Lightcycle / Run.
- Just in time for the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration, Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom rolled out new carpet to spruce things up! The design keeps with the traditional Main Street U.S.A. vibe while still looking fresh and bright.
- Spaceship Earth is a slow-moving, gentle, relaxing ride. No one has ever accused it of being an exciting thrill ride. But on September 6, 2022, most of the action at Spaceship Earth happened in the line for the attraction when a fight nearly broke out!
- Guest Relations in EPCOT was refurbished last year but construction continues on a section of land nearby. Construction walls have now been removed from around the site. Fences covered in scrim remain.
- The 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts kicks off on Friday, January 13. The boards displaying full menus with prices are now in place around the park.
- Just in time for the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts, Henna tattoo art is now available in the Morocco pavilion.
- Disney has announced new Figment Magic Shots and other photo ops coming to the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts from January 13 through February 20.
- A new Winnie the Pooh Loungefly wallet and more merchandise featuring the silly old bear is available at Walt Disney World.
Other Walt Disney World News
- While the Reedy Creek Improvement District is scheduled to be dissolved and taken over by the state in June of this year, the district continues to operate. The district’s board was supposed to meet today, January 11, to discuss its long-term land use plan for Walt Disney World Resort.
- Disneyland Resort has released their full menus for the Lunar New Year 2023 celebration at Disney California Adventure, resort hotels, and Downtown Disney District.
- If you’re looking to fuel up before a whole day at Disneyland, Red Rose Taverne has a new way to kick off the day with the Gourmet Breakfast Sandwich.
- Check out this Disney100 MagicBand+ we found in Disneyland!
- As “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” continues around the awards circuits, we found some new merchandise at Disney California Adventure which celebrates Wakanda with some extra artistic touches. These new Wakanda Artist Series items are available at the Avengers Super Store.
- A new Minnie ear headband has arrived to Disneyland! We found this pink corduroy ear headband at The Briar Patch in Critter Country at Disneyland Park.
- More of the Pixar Fuzzy Fun Collection has arrived at Disneyland Resort. At Knick’s Knacks, inside Disney California Adventure, we found pet and adult Spirit Jerseys inspired by “Monsters, Inc.” Sulley, a youth hoodie also inspired by “Monsters, Inc.” Sulley, and a “Turning Red” inspired pet Spirit Jersey.
- An all-new Castle Fireworks Dress by Disney Dress Shop caught our eye at Elias and Co inside of Disney California Adventure.
- On a recent visit to Disneyland, we noticed that new fountains installed in the Disneyland Moat in advance of the 100th Anniversary celebration of The Walt Disney Company.
- Even though we haven’t seen much progress in the actual construction of Downtown Disney District’s reimagining, the construction walls blocking the flattened land has been jazzed up for the Disney 100 Years of Wonder Celebration.
- A new Princess Jasmine dress by the Disney Dress Shop is available in Elias and Co. at Disney California Adventure.
- Construction fences have been erected around the Disneyland Monorail station in Downtown Disney District. The monorail remains open and operating on a normal schedule at this time.
Shanghai Disney Resort
- Shanghai Disney Resort has announced all the special food that will be available for a limited time in honor of the Lunar New Year. A StellaLou popcorn bucket and Donald Duck tumbler will also be available.
- Shanghai Disney Resort has released the first images of the completed Donald’s Dine ‘n Delights bistro in Disneytown at Shanghai Disney Resort.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney has named board member Mark Parker its new chairman, succeeding Susan Arnold.
- Mark Parker, the newly appointed chairman of The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors, will lead a committee specifically created to find Bob Iger’s replacement for CEO.
- Following a confirmation from The Walt Disney Company earlier today that it opposes the addition of a candidate from Trian Group to the company Board of Directors, Trian has confirmed its push to add their CEO to Disney’s board.
WDW News Today
Harmonious Barges Being Removed, No More Hotel Parking Fee, No Park Passes For APs, TRON Opening Date! – NewsToday 1/11
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!