We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, January 18, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- TRON Lightcycle / Run is set to officially open on April 4 at the Magic Kingdom and dates for the Cast Member previews have now been announced.
- Splash Mountain was unexpectedly closed all day today, just a few days before its permanent closure.
- The interior of Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. at Magic Kingdom has been completely gutted, likely to become a TRON Lightcycle / Run gift shop.
- Walt Disney World has announced the dates for the 2023 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
- Chalk Art showcases natural scenes and Disney characters at the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
- Additional pieces painted green or blue have been added to the frames for signage recently erected in the EPCOT parking lot.
- Disney has announced new ‘Encanto’ & Tiana Topiaries and more details about the EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival 2023.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- No progress appears to have been made on fixing the facade of Keystone Clothiers nearly four months after a section of the structure’s front wall collapsed.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The walls of the tower atop the future Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s BoardWalk have been fully demolished to be rebuilt.
- Post has announced details about their three Disney 100 Years of Wonder cereals, including limited edition cereal boxes, which are already arriving at grocery stores.
- An Annual Passholder-exclusive Dumbo magnet is now available at the Creations Shop in EPCOT.
- A new Valentine’s Day Pandora Charm featuring Donald and Daisy on Mad Tea Party is now available inside Uptown Jewelers at Magic Kingdom
- A lawsuit alleges that Disneyland Cast Members laughed at a disabled woman struggling to get out of a Jungle Cruise boat, just before she suffered a fall that ultimately led to her death, Orange County Register reports.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland will use a virtual queue when it finally opens on January 27, 2023.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, which opens on January 27 at Disneyland, will close in the evenings during fireworks shows.
- Disney has released their full guide to the Disney100 celebration beginning January 27, 2023, at the Disneyland Resort, including details about the new Disney Gallery Presents: Disney 100 Years of Wonder Exhibit.
- MagicBand+ will interact with select Disney100 decorations throughout Disneyland Resort during the celebration this year.
- A large Disney 100 Years of Wonder medallion has been erected above the entrance to Disney California Adventure.
- New Disney100 banners are also now hanging in the Disneyland Esplanade in preparation for the 100 Years of Wonder festivities.
- As construction for San Fransokyo gets underway at Disney California Adventure, water levels have been diminished considerably from the area surrounding the soon-to-be-former Pacific Wharf.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line has announced more details, including a new fireworks show, for their “Silver Anniversary at Sea,” which will be celebrated from May to September 2023.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney CEO Bob Iger, Disney Parks Chairman Josh D’Amaro, and Walt Disney World President Jeff Vahle were spotted touring Walt Disney World together this week.
- D23 has revealed 23 artifacts that will be on display at Disney100: The Exhibition at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia beginning next month.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!