We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, January 8, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The construction walls are finally down at Tomorrowland Light and Power Co.!
- As construction continues at the upcoming TRON Lightcycle / Run roller coaster, a new sign can now be spotted near the ramp toward the ride’s queue.
- Yesterday we showed you the new Disney100 ear hat released to celebrate the 100 Years of Wonder celebration, and now you can get the hat personalized in Magic Kingdom!
- More artists have shared sneak peeks at the pieces they will have available during the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
- Artist Eric Tan will be appearing at the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts with four new prints. He shared the third of his series, a tribute to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- There’s a new Sunrise Cupcake, themed to Disney’s The Lion King, available at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Dig in with us as we take a bite!
- A man’s evening out at Disney Springs led to his wild arrest.
- Check out a new purple Disney100 Mickey hand soap dispenser which we found today at the Emporium in Magic Kingdom!
- This new Disney Junior Mickey figurine set is now available in the Emporium at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World!
- A new Mickey Mouse and Pluto youth Spirit Jersey now available at Disneyland Resort!
- A new purple Minnie Mouse ear hat with a beaded bow and ears is now available at Disneyland Resort.
- Disney has been releasing new merchandise to celebrate their 100 Years of Wonder celebration, and the latest addition is a new Disney100 zip-up hoodie!
- Christmas may be over, but you can still get ready for next year’s tree with a new Germany Pavilion Christmas ornament set.
- A new limited edition 50th anniversary Vault Collection Magic Kingdom jumbo pin is available at Walt Disney World.
- Today we found several new MagicBand+ designs at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom, including Donald Duck, The Avengers, Jasmine, and more.
- A new dress inspired by the Matterhorn at Disneyland is now available at The Disney Dress Shop in Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort.
- We found this 50th Anniversary Grand Finale ornament at the Emporium in Magic Kingdom.
- ShopDisney announced on Twitter today that two new collections of Disney munchlings will debut tomorrow: Garden Goodness and Fruity Finds.
- Disney100 merchandise is turning up everywhere ahead of the “100 Years of Wonder” celebration at Disneyland, and today we found these Disney100 Pandora charms!
Other Walt Disney World News
- A Walt Disney World guest shared a TikTok video in which she was flashing her chest on the Disney Skyliner.
- An updated Disney Vacation Club billboard has zoomed in to Walt Disney World Resort!
- Take a first look with us at the new Cast Member name tags coming to Disneyland later this month for Disney100!
- As part of the ongoing reimagining of Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort, the Disney Home Store and WonderGround Gallery will be moving.
Entertainment and Media
- After becoming the fastest movie to reach $1 billion at the box office in 2022, “Avatar: The Way of Water” has now surpassed “Jurassic World” as the seventh-highest grossing film of all time.
The Walt Disney Company
- According to CNBC, both the Walt Disney Company and Comcast (which owns Universal) are considered potential buyers for World Wrestling Entertainment, or WWE.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!