New to the Lunar New Year Festival, held at Disney California Adventure, is Bamboo Blessings. This food booth offers a large variety of beers, including two different flights, along with a savoy dish and a sweet snack.
Menu for Bamboo Blessings in Disney California Adventure for Lunar New Year 2023
- Mickey Mouse-shaped Hot Dog Bun – $7.50
- Mickey Mouse-shaped Purple Sweet Potato Macaron – $7.00
- Young Master Brewery, Neon City Pale Ale, China – $13.25
- Four Sons, Lunar New Year IPA, Huntington Beach, CA – $10.50
- Master Gao Brewery, Baby Jasmine Tea Lager, China – $13.25
- 🆕 Three Weavers Brewing Co., Moon Rabbit, Inglewood, CA – $13.00
- 🆕 Stereo Brewing Co., Gingerine, Placentia, CA – $13.00
- 🆕Brewery X, Green Tea Rice Lager, Anaheim, CA – $13.00
- 🆕Anderson Valley Brewing Co. Black Rice Ale – $13.00
- 🆕Tsingtao, Premium Lager, China – $10.50
- 🆕Tsingtao with Mango Beer Foam – $12.75
- 🆕Lucky Flight: Tsingtao, Young Master Brewery, Stereo Brewery and Three Weavers Brewing Co. – $17.50
- 🆕Prosperity Flight: Four Sons Brewing Co., Master Gao Brewery, Brewery X and Anderson Valley Brewing Co. – $17.00
Is it important to note that while this booth is new, both food items are returning from other locations. Last year, the Mickey Mouse-shaped Hot Dog Bun was located at Prosperity Bao & Buns, and the Mickey Mouse-shaped Purple Sweet Potato Macaron was found at Red Dragon Spice Traders.
Photos of Menu Items for Bamboo Blessings in Disney California Adventure for Lunar New Year 2023
Mickey Mouse-shaped Hot Dog Bun – $7.50
Brioche-style Mickey-shaped Bun stuffed with Hot Dogs and finished with Sesame Seeds and Scallions
This was fun and clearly geared towards kids. We enjoyed the “hidden Mickeys” on it. It was actually pretty big and looked heavy, but it was light on the inside.
It reminded us of an everything bagel. Kids would love this as long as they don’t mind a subtle chive flavor. The hot dogs were normal hot dogs with a bit of sesame and onion.
Mickey grew legs!
For the price point, it was not outstanding, but it would be a fun snack to munch on or please a kid. Plus, it was photogenic.
Mickey Mouse-shaped Purple Sweet Potato Macaron – $7.00
Red Macaron filled with Purple Sweet Potato Buttercream, with Crème Fraîche Center
This macaron returns from previous years and is always a fun treat. Like all the Lunar New Year food offerings, this is simple and beautiful. The shell cracked apart in a satisfying way.
The purple filling was an interesting color against the red shell, and if we didn’t know it was yam, I likely wouldn’t have guessed.
Sadly, no hidden sprinkles, but just more creamy goodness.
This was a simple dessert that could easily be shared with several guests.
Young Master Brewery, Neon City Pale Ale, China – $13.25
Pale Ale with Mandarin and Bergamot Zest
Four Sons, Lunar New Year IPA, Huntington Beach, CA (ABV 6.0%) – $10.50
Master Gao Brewery, Baby Jasmine Tea Lager, China (ABV 5.4%) – $13.25
Jasmine Tea Lager
*NEW* Three Weavers Brewing Co., Moon Rabbit, Inglewood, CA (ABV 6.0%) – $13.00
Golden Stout with Vanilla and Vietnamese Cinnamon
*NEW* Stereo Brewing Co., Gingerine, Placentia, CA (ABV 5.0%) – $13.00
Ginger Wheat Ale with Tangerine, Honey and Lemon Juice
*NEW* Brewery X, Green Tea Rice Lager, Anaheim, CA (ABV 5.0%) – $13.00
Green Tea Rice Lager
*NEW* Anderson Valley Brewing Co. Black Rice Ale (ABV 3.8%) – $13.00
Black Rice Ale
*NEW* Tsingtao, Premium Lager, China (ABV 4.8%) – $10.50
*NEW* Tsingtao with Mango Beer Foam – $12.75
topped with a Frozen Mango Beer Foam
The Lunar New Year festival is running from January 20 through February 15, 2023.
Do you want to see Bamboo Blessings return to the festival next year? Let us know in the comments below.