We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, February 27, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- We got our first look at the new TRON Lightcycle / Run-inspired theming inside Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. at Magic Kingdom.
- Disney has shared a first look at the new topiaries of Tiana and “Encanto” characters that will be displayed at the EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival 2023, set to begin this Wednesday.
- Disney has confirmed there will be a new “spectacle of light” show on Spaceship Earth for the festival.
- Local Orlando musicians have been added to the lineup of the upcoming Garden Rocks concert series.
- Several menu boards and Garden Graze signage are also now on display at food booths in preparation for the festival.
- Disney has announced the full list of topiaries that will be at this year’s EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
- The full list of Global Gardens, including new Japan and World Celebration gardens, is also now available.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- New Disney PhotoPass lenses featuring Grogu (a.k.a. Baby Yoda) have launched to celebrate “The Mandalorian” season three premiere on March 1.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Kali River Rapids at Disney’s Animal Kingdom reopened from its refurbishment, almost three weeks ahead of schedule.
- Disney has shared a first look at the Orange Bird, Snow White, and Figment-inspired merchandise that will be available at the EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival 2023.
- Walt Disney World has given a sneak peek at an exclusive collection of merchandise that will be offered for Annual Passholders visiting the 2023 International Flower & Garden Festival.
- A new Oswald the Lucky Rabbit MagicBand+ is available at Walt Disney World, as part of the new Disney100 Oswald collection.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis held a press conference at Reedy Creek Fire Station this morning, where he signed legislation for the state to take over the Reedy Creek Improvement District into law.
- Bob Chapek, former CEO of The Walt Disney Company, reportedly complained to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis about having to get involved in the controversy surrounding the Parental Rights in Education bill, a.k.a. the “Don’t Say Gay” bill.
- Full menus for the festival marketplaces have been released ahead of the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival 2023.
- TikTok user Donovan Sanford shared a video of a prohibited drone hovering over Frontierland at Disneyland Park yesterday.
- The menu has been posted for Earl of Sandwich Tavern, a temporary table-service Earl of Sandwich location opening soon at Downtown Disney District.
- Some items from the first Disney100 Decades Collection, inspired by the 1920s and “Steamboat Willie”, are now available at Disneyland Resort.
- Outsidears has provided a first look at concept art and blueprints of the new East Pavilion that will be in the Lake Promenade expansion of Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris.
- Shanghai Disneyland has announced that the red panda version of Mei from “Turning Red” will be meeting guests in the parks this spring.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney Legend, Director, and Story Artist Burnett “Burny” Mattinson has passed away at age 87 years old following a short illness.
WDW News Today
Chapek Mentioned in Ron DeSantis Book, Tigger Steals Disney Balloons, Disney Characters Go On Strike
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!