As WDWNT continues to grow, we are looking for additional local reporters to expand our Disneyland News Today staff. This position requires a specific time commitment and availability each week, and the start date is immediate.
Qualified applicants will reside in the southern California area. Work hours will be variable, but will require travel to one or more locations around the Disneyland Resort multiple days a week. You will report via photos, video, and social media on new developments in all parks and resorts, including new construction, renovations/refurbishment, new merchandise, new food and beverage offerings, crowd levels, maintenance issues, and more. You will also write a daily Photo Report documenting your visit and pertinent updates to the park(s) that you visited that day.
- Availability to visit the parks during mornings and afternoons — some evening hours are occasionally needed for special events, nighttime entertainment changes or testing, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of and passion for Disney parks and resorts
- The desire to quickly and accurately be the first to cover breaking Disney parks news
- Time management and prioritization skills to ensure the most important news is covered first
- Being detail-oriented and able to observe and gather even the smallest details
- An active Magic Key pass
- Must be available to arrive at the parks when they open 2-4 weekdays per week
- Writing and/or reporting experience
- Photography experience, preferably with DSLR or mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. If you already own your own camera gear, let us know in the application
- Videography experience, including filming, editing, and publishing
- Technical media skills such as WordPress, YouTube, and Twitter
- Familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
The Disneyland Reporter position starts at $18 per hour. If you are interested in this position, please fill out our application below. Applicants should provide complete information and link to any relevant photography, videography, and writing samples; social media sites; or any other relevant technical or creative experience. We will reach out to qualified candidates to discuss the next steps in the hiring process.
The application can be found here.
Thank you for your interest in working with DLNT!