We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, February 26, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- A post-show experience sponsored by Enterprise Rent-A-Car will open at the exit of TRON Lightcycle / Run in Magic Kingdom.
- At Magic Kingdom, more holes have been cut into the façade of Splash Mountain next to the flume at the bottom of the ride’s drop as it is turned into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.
- Tribal signs and decorations near Refreshment Outpost, also known as the African Outpost in EPCOT, have been updated to be more culturally sensitive.
- Construction in the EPCOT parking lot seems to be for a new ride-share loop and plaza.
- A new piece by Samantha Schwirck for Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) shines a light on the technical aspects of the new lighting package of Spaceship Earth’s Beacon of Light Show.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Vertical construction of the new Disney Vacation Club wing at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort has continued with elevator shafts taking shape.
- Disney100 Platinum Oswald and Disney Eras Mickey figurines are available for purchase at Walt Disney World for the 100th anniversary of The Walt Disney Company.
- A new Daisy Duck Munchling that reimagines the beloved Disney character as a strawberry-topped dessert is expected to arrive soon on shopDisney.
- The fake concessions stand in the Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway queue at Disneyland Park has been damaged again. This time, the victim was a “Not-Your-Cheese Pump.”
- After a weekend of weather cancellations, the “Magic Happens” parade has returned to Disneyland this afternoon, being performed for the first time since its initial two-week run in 2020.
- The line “Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah” was noticeably removed from the finale of the returning Disneyland parade.
- More than half of the almost 100 original performers returned as part of “Magic Happens”.
- Two new purple and yellow solid-colored Minnie ear headbands are available at Disneyland Resort.
- California resident Jeff Reitz has broken a world record by visiting Disneyland daily for a consecutive 2,995 days.
- Though the decorative Disney100 medallions at Disneyland Resort do not yet interact with MagicBand+, it looks like the interactive effects are being tested.
- Twitter user Paul Young shared photos of a guest at Disneyland Paris with a large rig of several recording devices set up to livestream the “Avengers: Power the Night” drone show at Walt Disney Studios Park.
- A performance of the “Dream… and Shine Brighter” parade and stage show at Disneyland Paris was canceled today, and an earlier performance went on without character performers as the Cast Members protested unequal pay.
- Tigger was caught stealing balloons at Disneyland Paris, leading to a pursuit by cast members.
- The Royal Pub, a new restaurant in Disney Village at Disneyland Paris, has had to make some alterations to its displayed menu after advertising “British” food but including non-British dishes.
Entertainment and Media
- “Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania” stayed at the top of the domestic box office for its second weekend but had the biggest drop of any Marvel Cinematic Universe movie ever to be released.
WDW News Today
Magic Happens Parade Returns to Disneyland
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!