We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, February 24, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The construction walls which previously split Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in half have been removed from the Liberty Square shop.
- More signage from Splash Mountain has been removed as demolition continues on the former flume ride to transform it into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.
- New travel poster-like banners have gone up at Disney Traders depicting destinations in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The concierge lounge at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn will close next month as part of the resort’s ongoing refurbishment.
- More fencing was installed around Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa as construction continues around the resort.
- Some limited-release Disney Mirrorverse pins are now available at the Magic Kingdom.
- Continuing down the road of pins, we saw a new Minnie Mouse Eras pin and two Disney100 FigPins themed to Mickey and Minnie as well.
- The latest pin in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge features Toydarian Toymakers from Black Spire Outpost.
- Looking for some smaller tchotchkes to bring home for the Disney100 celebration? There’s some mints, a trinket box, and a shot glass all now available at the Magic Kingdom.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- The Brazilian airline Azul Linhas Aéaras has revealed the fifth plane in its Walt Disney World-inspired fleet.
- By all indications, it seems Disney is avoiding the resale of Walt Disney World Annual Passes under any circumstances, instead pushing guests to Florida Resident discounts.
- Repainting has begun on the Pacific Wharf bridge to transform it into the bright orange San Fransokyo Gate Bridge at Disney California Adventure.
- The very first performances of “Magic Happens” since 2020 were cancelled today due to high winds and rain at Disneyland.
- Sadly the poor weather also forced the cancellation of “World of Color — One” and “Fantasmic!” today.
- Finally, we learned that due to the bad weather, Disneyland will close an hour early both today and tomorrow.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- The first ad for Tokyo Disney Resort’s 40th Anniversary “Dream-Go-Round” celebration is out, featuring a sneak peek of the new theme song “Living in Color.”
Entertainment & Media
- This week we got a special behind-the-scenes look at season two of “Andor” during production.
WDW News Today
Parents Build Dangerous Platform Shoes for Child So He Meets Disney Thrill Ride Height Requirements – NewsToday 2/24
Disney Merchandise Unboxing – Including Oswald! – Boxed In
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!