We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, April 20, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- As Halfway to Halloween kicks off, Disney announced dates for this year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
- You can check out the pricing scheme for the party as well.
- The Happy Haunts Milkshake is back for Halfway to Halloween at Columbia Harbour House.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Classic characters like Goofy in his Camp Minnie-Mickey costume and Flik are out to celebrate 25 Years of Disney’s Animal Kingdom this week.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Today, Disney announced the Fort Wilderness log cabins will all be replaced with new Disney Vacation Club cabins next year.
- For Halfway to Halloween, guests at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto can get a Haunted Mansion gargoyle tiki mug, making its first appearance out east.
- We went down to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort to get a gander of these new mugs as well as try the new drinks.
- You can also mosey on down to Pineapple Lanai to try the returning Kakamora DOLE Whip Waffle Bowl.
- Over at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, you can get a new Madame Leota Dark Chocolate Cake.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- Sales kicked off today for Walt Disney World Annual Passes as promised. There was a brief pause this morning before resuming due to system issues.
- An update was later posted that certain pass types may become unavailable today, although this did not come to pass.
- Finally, Disney shared that pass sales would halt tonight at 11:00p.m. and resume tomorrow morning.
- DeSantis’ Central Florida Tourism Oversight Board looks set to try and void Disney’s land development agreement at their next meeting.
- Meanwhile Disney themselves took to their Florida community outreach website to share their perspective on “the value of Reedy Creek” in a new post.
- Oogie Boogie Bash is confirmed to return to Disney California Adventure this Halloween!
- We also got a first look at new Halloween costumes for Mickey and Minnie.
- Turnstiles and ticketing experienced heavy downtime today at the parks, causing guests to have issues entering the park and the parking structure.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- After three years absent, the Jolly Trolley has returned to Tokyo Disneyland!
- The park quietly installed a first-ever reference to “The Princess and the Frog” recently.
Disney Cruise Line
Entertainment & Media
- The “Haunted Mansion” movie will be featured in the upcoming issue of Disney Twenty-Three magazine.
- Nearly all modern “Spider-Man” movies are set to hit Disney+ starting tomorrow.
The Walt Disney Company
- Requirements for guests to be vaccinated against COVID-19 have been removed from Adventures by Disney and National Geographic expeditions.
WDW News Today
DVC Members Can Go To Space, Oogie Boogie Bash is On – Disneyland News Today 4/20
WDW After Five – We Go To AbracadaBar at Disney’s BoardWalk
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!