We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, April 19, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The Space Mountain exit at Magic Kingdom has been restored! Guests now exit the roller-coaster through Tomorrowland Launch Depot, which was the ride’s exit before it closed for a TRON makeover.
- A cat decided to take a scenic stroll on the empty rivers of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure as construction continues around the site.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- A platinum 100 decoration has been erected near the entrance to Disney’s Animal Kingdom in honor of the Disney100 celebration.
- Disney Springs is ready to celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 with a new “Mom!” photo op sign.
- A platinum 100 is now on display at Disney Springs, near the exit of Orange Garage, as part of the Disney100 celebration.
- The newest Disney100 Decades 1940s Collection featuring “Pinocchio”, “Fantasia”, and more is now available at Big Top Souvenirs at Magic Kingdom.
- New Disney100 collectible medallions featuring Marvel, Star Wars, and animated Disney characters are available at Pin Traders and World of Disney in Disney Springs, and at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board of Supervisors, appointed by Governor DeSantis to take over Reedy Creek Improvement District, unanimously voted to terminate the Planning and Zoning Board members and appoint themselves as the local planning agency.
- Chair Martin Garcia also said that the district would be looking into monetizing the district’s land assets, including creating new zoning for affordable workforce housing.
- One of the lawyers for the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District’s Board of Supervisors claims Disney’s deal with the previous Reedy Creek Improvement District board violates state law.
- Amidst the rising and continued tension between Walt Disney World and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, North Carolina state senator Michael Garrett has introduced Senate Bill 594, “Mickey’s Freedom Restoration Act,” which invites Disney to the Tar Heel State.
- Representatives of the Walt Disney Company have announced that groundbreaking on a new affordable and attainable housing development is set to take place next year, with the first units anticipated to be completed in 2026.
- The first Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge at Disneyland Resort opened to guests today and we got our first look at the new Star View Station in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park.
- New Disney Vacation Club owners of The Villas at Disneyland Hotel will be able to book their first stays beginning May 16, 2023.
Entertainment and Media
- More alleged abuse victims have come forward accusing Marvel Actor Jonathan Majors of wrongdoing.
- A new music video from “The Muppets Mayhem” titled “Rock On” starring Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem has been released on Disney Music Vevo’s YouTube page.
The Walt Disney Company
- In their next round of layoffs, The Walt Disney Company will eliminate about 15% of the staff of their entertainment division.
WDW News Today
A State Prison at Disney World? Reedy Creek Board Fired
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!