We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, April 3, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The first 50th anniversary decorations are being removed as the large “50” medallion has been taken off the Cinderella Castle clock.
- The Disney Enchantment poster featured on the walls of the Magic Kingdom entrance tunnels has been replaced by a poster for Happily Ever After in preparation for tonight’s return performance.
- The Master’s Cupcake is back at Gaston’s Tavern in Magic Kingdom with a slightly different look warranting a new review.
- A Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny meet and greet has opened at Magic Kingdom for the 2023 Easter season.
- With the Tomorrowland Launch Depot opening delayed, Star Traders is prepared to sell TRON Lightcycle Run merchandise on the attraction’s opening day at Magic Kingdom.
- Following the end of the 50th-anniversary celebration and the final performance of Disney Enchantment, Happily Ever After has returned to Magic Kingdom.
- Disney CEO Bob Iger indicated during today’s shareholders’ meetings that Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana” will be the final piece of the major EPCOT expansion.
- The EPCOT Forever nighttime spectacular has temporarily returned to the World Showcase Lagoon following the end of Harmonious. The returning nighttime spectacular will be performed each night as an interim replacement ahead of the debut of a new 100th-anniversary nighttime spectacular expected to debut at EPCOT later this year.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Available exclusively at the Joffrey’s kiosk near the exit to The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a new frozen beverage boasts a “bone-chilling” combination of frozen lemon and wild grape in honor of the Hollywood Studios attraction.
- A new Enchanted Tiki Room Dress is now available at Uptown Jewelers on Main Street, U.S.A., at Magic Kingdom.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has officially ordered an investigation into potential civil and criminal violations of the previous Reedy Creek Improvement District Board of Supervisors.
- Disney Genie+ service has sold out again at Walt Disney World, this time before noon today, April 3, 2023. It may sell out more as Easter week continues.
- Addressing the Reedy Creek Improvement District (RCID) situation in Florida during today’s shareholders’ meeting, The Walt Disney Company CEO said the company was exercising its right to free speech and Governor DeSantis is now retaliating against them.
- Also of note, The Walt Disney Company will be investing $17 billion in Walt Disney World over the next 10 years.
- Responding to a shareholder’s question regarding Marvel theme park rights, The Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger said they would “love” to do more with Marvel in the parks but refused to comment further.
- Iger also announced that Disneyland and Walt Disney World will not be bringing back the combo Premier Annual Pass.
- A new “Moana” collection from Disney and Native is available at Disneyland Resort.
- As we strolled through the Downtown Disney District this week, we spotted several new MagicBands themed to Mickey Mouse, Marvel Comics, and much more.
Entertainment and Media
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson announced during today’s Disney shareholders meeting that there will be a live-action “Moana” adaptation.
- Disney Dreamlight Valley has just teased the new update that will bring Disney Parks to the game starting April 5.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger doubled down on inclusivity and diversity during today’s shareholders’ meeting when asked about political stances and LGBTQIA+ people.
- A new video for Disney100 Tradition has been released with the tagline “100 years ago, a tradition began with you.”
- During Disney’s shareholders’ meeting today, there were seven proposals up for a vote. All four proposals from The Walt Disney Company were ratified, while the three proposed by shareholders were not approved.
WDW News Today
Bob Iger Accuses DeSantis of Punishing Free Speech, Harmonious, Enchantment Close Forever
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!