We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, May 18, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- One more golden turret topper is gone from Cinderella Castle as the 50th Anniversary decor comes down.
- Some new foliage has been added to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure as construction continues.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will permanently close at the end of September.
- Once bookings resume, discounts will not be offered for Starcruiser voyages, except to those affected by the closure.
- Reconstruction has begun on the tower for The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn.
- Foundation work has begun for the third structure in the Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Disney Vacation Club tower.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- Meet-and-greets with the live-action version of Ariel will begin May 26 at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
- It was confirmed today that the new Walt Disney World Annual Passholder magnet will indeed feature Figment.
- The transformation of Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel into Disney’s Pixar Place Hotel will be completed this winter.
- Disney100 Decades 1950s merchandise is now available at Disneyland, including the Wonderful World of Color line!
- Speaking of transformations, the reimagining of the Downtown Disney District is also set to conclude within the next 18 months.
Entertainment and Media
- Disney+ and Hulu are pulling dozens of original series and films off their services permanently as the company pushes for profitability in streaming.
The Walt Disney Company
- The relocation of Walt Disney Imagineering to Lake Nona, Florida has been cancelled as the company continues its battle with the state of Florida.
- When speaking about the cancellation, Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro cited “changing business decisions” as the reason.
- And Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issued a statement decrying Disney for cancelling the Lake Nona campus.
- Walt Disney World President Jeff Vahle issued his own statement to community leaders as well.
WDW News Today
Lake Nona Disney Florida Campus Canceled, Walt Disney Imagineering to Remain in California – Disneyland News Today 5/18
WDW After Five – Another Evening with Piano Rob
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!