We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, May 5, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- A Florida woman was trespassed from Walt Disney World for pushing several elderly guests while in line for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in Fantasyland.
- We reviewed the new Guardians of the Galaxy cookie available at the popcorn stand near Cosmic Rewind today in celebration of the movie.
- Over at Connections Café, the Sovereign Waffle Bites were a new treat to try as well.
- Feliz Cinco de Mayo! For a limited time, you can head to Everglazed Donuts and Cold Brew to try the Oh-My-O donut!
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Two new foals were born at the Tri-Circle-D ranch at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground this week.
- Construction has reached the ninth floor at the Disney Vacation Club Villas in Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- A new Loungefly backpack themed to the live-action “The Little Mermaid” is now on sale at Walt Disney World.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- A male Walt Disney World guest was trespassed for slapping a female Cast Member’s behind, then arrested for sneaking back into his hotel room.
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis formally signed the bill voiding Disney’s land use agreement into law today.
- The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District board members have been officially confirmed by the Florida Legislature.
- Hours for every park except EPCOT were extended through May, and hours for Typhoon Lagoon are out through June.
- Dining reservations around Walt Disney World are no longer modifiable within two hours of seating time.
- Reopening dates are out for Alice in Wonderland, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, and Ariel’s Undersea Adventure.
- We learned today that Mantis was joining the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Dance-Off in Avengers Campus!
- Later in the day we met Mantis in the show as she made her Disney Parks debut.
- It has now been confirmed that Incredicoaster and Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind will start operating during “World of Color — ONE.”
- There’s a new Milky Fizz sipper for the new “Guardians of the Galaxy” film at Pym Test Kitchen.
- We also got to sip on a new Chocolate Espresso R&D Martini at Pym Test Kitchen,
- During Star Wars Nite, some guests cosplayed as troopers from the “Star Wars” parody film “Spaceballs.”
- We enjoyed the new surprise Teacher Appreciation Week Cavalcade at Disneyland today!
- More scaffolds have been erected around the “Fantasmic!” stage as repairs continue.
- Meanwhile scaffolding is coming down around San Fransokyo Square, with new signage revealed.
- The previously-announced “it’s a small world” dolls in wheelchairs have debuted at Disneyland Paris.
- New Guardians of the Galaxy-themed food and beverages are on their way to the Paris resort.
Disney Cruise Line
- The Disney Cruise Line 25th Anniversary theme song “Shimmering Seas” is now available for streaming.
- A guest shared their first look into the updated Disney Magic Promenade Lounge themed to “Soul.”
- Later the official announcement of The Soul Cat Lounge came along with a new “Encanto-“themed dining experience.
- We tried the new Jubilee by the Sea cocktail for the 25th Anniversary.
Entertainment & Media
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney has announced a trove of new D23 announcements, including a “Mulan” 25th Anniversary screening, an X-Men Hellfire Gala, Halloween events, and more for later this year.
- Destination D23 this year will be livestreamed, and D23 Gold members will also get an exclusive shopping opportunity.
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!