We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, June 1, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- A new “Love” Pride Month mural was installed in Tomorrowland overnight.
- New musical talents were announced for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland.
- Additionally there will be 17 specially-created characters and dozens of Audio-Animatronic figures in Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.
- Head on down to The Lunching Pad to try the new Mike Wazowski cake like we did.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- A Pride Month wall mural was also installed at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, just across from Tiffins.
- It’s a new month, and that means a new cookie at Gideon’s Bakehouse! So join us as we try the Sea Turtle Cookie.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said today he’s “not backing down one inch” in his ongoing feud with Disney.
- After losing original member Michael Sasso, Gov. DeSantis today appointed Charbel Barakat to the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District board.
- Meanwhile after denying the petition to disqualify the judge in Disney’s lawsuit against DeSantis, the judge still recused himself.
- We spotted a new Jungle Cruise boat-themed dessert bowl for the Disney100 celebration today at Disneyland.
- A new Tiana’s Bayou Adventure photo op was installed on the construction walls surrounding the former Splash Mountain.
- Head out to Batuu to get a new Milk Orb Sipper at the Milk Stand in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Guests can finally enjoy “Wondrous Journeys” on the Rivers of America once again.
- As strikes continue at Disneyland Paris, the park is introducing some flexibility measures to ensure guests visiting the park can reschedule if they’re set to come on days where strikes occur.
The Walt Disney Company
- Even more merchandise was announced for “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny” ahead of its release late this month.
- After successfully selling a trip last year, Disney announced another globe-trotting $114,000 trip to all six Disney Resorts worldwide for next year.
- A new “Fantasmic!”-themed MagicBand+ is now on sale on shopDisney.
WDW News Today
Splash Mountain Closed Forever at Disneyland, Tiana Updates, PIXAR Hotel Lobby Opens – Disneyland News Today 6/1
The Rise and Fall of Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser, WDW News Tonight Season Premiere Episode 245
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!