We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, June 28, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Patriotic bunting has been added to Main Street, U.S.A. in Magic Kingdom for the Fourth of July.
- One of the final remnants of Splash Mountain — a pressed penny machine — was removed.
- Imagineering and Cast Members visited Journey of Water Inspired by ‘Moana’ this evening as construction nears completion at EPCOT.
- The 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival popcorn bucket was released a month early.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Two Hartmann’s mountain zebra foals were born in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, now wandering Kilimanjaro Safaris with their family.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Central Florida has been warned of dangerously hot conditions by the state’s Division of Emergency Management — this will continue to escalate throughout the week.
- Both sets of towers are now standing for the San Fransokyo Gate Bridge at Disney California Adventure.
- “Rogers: The Musical” banners have been added along Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood Land.
- Disney100 billboards were unveiled on the Disneyland Resort parking tram route.
- Scaffolding now reaches to the top of Splash Mountain during its Tiana’s Bayou Adventure transformation at Disneyland Park.
- Scrim came down in New Orleans Square, revealing an updated Tiana’s Palace restaurant façade.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Extra water features have been installed in Toontown at Tokyo Disneyland for the hot summer months.
- New Tokyo Disney Resort ‘Memory-Go-Round’ 40th anniversary pressed coins are now available, and we have the locations.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- A Hong Kong Disneyland ambassador has confirms the removal of the Sword in the Stone for a new Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse statue.
Entertainment and Media
- Disney released 4DX and Tarot “Haunted Mansion” movie posters, and tickets for the upcoming film are now on sale.
- Evan Peters has joined the ‘TRON 3’ cast.
The Walt Disney Company
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is requesting a post-presidential election court date in the ongoing Disney lawsuit.
- In a different lawsuit, a judge ruled in favor of The Walt Disney Company, saying the organization was not negligent in its ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill response.
- Enjoy a closer look at the Disney100 ‘Mickey Through the Years’ medals & pin for the upcoming runDisney Virtual Series.
“Something Will Happen” to Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, Sword in the Stone Being Removed (News Today)
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!