As WDWNT continues to grow, we are looking for staff writers and editors for our website. This position is a consistent, scheduled position. While there is no requirement to visit the parks, you must have extensive familiarity with Walt Disney World and basic knowledge of other facets of the Walt Disney Company. Excellent writing skills, the ability to adhere to tight deadlines, and good communication skills are also required.
As WDWNT is the worldwide leader in Disney parks news, it’s imperative that we quickly, accurately, and thoroughly report on all news related to the Disney parks and The Walt Disney Company — and our Writers and Editors are the cornerstones of this mission.
- Monitor news from internal and external sources.
- Write any articles assigned to you by the editor during your shift.
- Complete all related aspects of article production, including SEO, use of images, appropriate categorization, fact checking, etc.
- Produce accurate and grammatically correct content, sometimes in very short timeframes. Again, extensive knowledge of Disney Parks and Resorts is required.
- Understand basic journalistic standards, including citation of sources, image usage guidelines, etc.
- Part-time position: 16+ hours per week over 3 or more days per week, including some evenings and weekends.
- Extensive knowledge of and passion for Disney Parks and Resorts
- The desire to quickly and accurately be the first to cover breaking Disney news
- Time management and prioritization skills to ensure the most important news is covered first
- A detail-oriented work style, able to find and recognize the important aspects of newsworthy events
- Strong command of the English language
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Professional writing experience
- Understanding of SEO
- Experience with WordPress
- Photo editing experience
- Social media skills, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
- Familiarity with Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, and Disneyland Paris Resort
- Familiarity with Universal Parks and Resorts in Orlando, Hollywood, and Japan
Candidates interested in the Editor position will start as a Staff Writer while we evaluate their writing skills and abilities. All staff writers are hired for a probationary period of up to 90 days.
Interested candidates should fill out the application here.