We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, July 26, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Earlier this month, crews were preparing to begin the next phase of refurbishment for the Canada Pavilion in EPCOT. Since then, repainting of the Hotel du Canada façade has begun.
- Disney has provided a first look inside the Muppet-themed Brew-Wing Lab at the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- If you were hoping to meet Max Goof as Powerline or Chip ‘n’ Dale in their Rescue Rangers outfits, you’re sadly out of luck — both character meet and greets have now been relocated and updated to their original versions without costumes.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Trail’s End Restaurant soft opened today at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, reopening with an updated interior and a new quick-service menu instead of family-style dining. We have the full menu breakdown with prices for you.
- Trail’s End Restaurant and Crockett’s Tavern at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground have reopened with fresh new looks and updated menus. Wednesday was a soft opening but they officially open on Thursday, July 27.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board of Supervisors has approved the proposed property tax cuts for the district’s stakeholders, which includes Walt Disney World.
- The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board of Supervisors voted at today’s meeting on the proposed property tax cuts for the district’s stakeholders, which includes Walt Disney World, and we have the details.
- The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board of Supervisors has approved the new Reedy Creek Fire Department contract.
- Disney is celebrating World Princess Week from August 20 through 26 this year. Disney Parks around the world will be serving up special treats, as well as offering some food souvenirs.
- Disneyland Resort has made the decision to put “Fantasmic!” on hiatus through at least Spring 2024 and has announced that the show will return with a new climatic battle between Mickey and Maleficent, although the villain WILL NOT be in her dragon form.
- Three more Disneyland restaurants will offer alcohol for the first time beginning on September 12, 2023.
- Disney has revealed the dates for the Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark Halloween overlay returning to the Disney California Adventure attraction.
- Crews have installed riverboat elements atop Tiana’s Palace, a new restaurant in New Orleans Square at Disneyland Park.
- A new Disneyland Railroad train engine popcorn bucket is now available at Disneyland Park to commemorate the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration.
- Rita’s Baja Blenders at Disney California Adventure has become Rita’s Turbine Blenders for the new San Fransokyo re-theme of the Pacific Wharf area. With this transformation, some new alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks have been unveiled, and we gave them a try.
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill has debuted their new menu as Pacific Wharf continues to transform into San Fransokyo Square. The “Big Hero 6” themed area will be completed on August 31, but venues have been making changes in phases. We were there to give the new menu a try.
- The Disneyland Magic Key official Instagram account has shared that Magic Key holders now have another chance to pick up the previously-released Disney100 castle print featuring Mickey and Minnie.
- Disney Parks has shared a first look at the new Miguel statue outside Casa de Coco – Restaurante de Familia, which will open on July 29 at Disneyland Paris.
Entertainment and Media
- Ravensburger has sent a letter to local game stores advising them not to sell Disney Lorcana products online. The game will be released to small retailers on August 18 before a wide release on September 1.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney has responded to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ motion to dismiss their ongoing lawsuit that was filed last month, citing that DeSantis “seeks to evade responsibility for his actions.”
WDW News Today
REMODELED Trail’s End Restaurant and Crockett’s Tavern Open at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
Bob Iger Meets with Disney Leaders After His Comments About Potentially Selling Company & Assets (Entertainment News Today)
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!