We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, July 9, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Merida (from the 2012 Pixar film “Brave”) has relocated to a new home in Liberty Square after her final meet and greet at Fairytale Gardens yesterday.
- It was a rough morning for guests hoping to ride some of their favorite attractions early today, as Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan’s Flight, and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover were all temporarily closed at Magic Kingdom this morning.
- Today we spotted a new dessert at Storybook Treats in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom, the Rapunzel Sundae.
- Social media captured a fight that occurred today in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom.
- In addition to the Rapunzel Sundae, Storybook Treats also debuted the “Sleeping Beauty”-inspired Aurora Cone dessert today.
- “Canada Far & Wide in Circle-Vision 360” is set to remain open during the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, casting doubt on the future of Appleseed Orchard.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Droid Parts popcorn bucket that debuted in Disneyland for Star Wars Day celebrations in May was set to debut in Walt Disney World today, but was temporarily pulled from mobile order menus due to shipping issues.
- After being removed from Mobile Order menus this morning due to shipping issues, the Droid Parts popcorn bucket finally made its Walt Disney World debut.
- A new set of Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke merchandise is set to debut on July 10, and display cases showing off the new items are starting to materialize around Walt Disney World.
- Check out these new Disney100 items: an ornament inspired by “The Band Concert” and a Loungefly backpack celebrating the music of Disney.
- A lot of new Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise has arrived at Disneyland Resort.
Disney Cruise Line
- Take a full photo and video tour of a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with a verandah on the Disney Fantasy cruise ship.
Entertainment and Media
- “Avatar: The Way of Water” is repeating its financial success at the box office with streaming success at home, topping the Nielsen streaming charts in its first week of release.
WDW News Today
- WATCH PARKSCENTER — EPCOT Food & Wine Preview, Oogie Boogie Bash Ticket Issues, and Best Disney Character Encounters
EPCOT Food & Wine Preview, Oogie Boogie Bash Ticket Issues, and Best Disney Character Encounters! – ParksCenter
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!