We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, July 21, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- New sod has been placed around the flume of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, marking a new progress milestone for the reimagined attraction coming to Walt Disney World next year.
- We tried the new Madame Leota crisped rice cereal treat, available now at Magic Kingdom to celebrate the release of the new “Haunted Mansion” movie.
- Walt Disney World has updated their announcement about Muppets Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker appearing at the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival to clarify they will only be appearing via video.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant is one of the most beloved restaurants in all of Walt Disney World, so when what some might call “minute changes” take place at the establishment, it’s kind of a big deal to a lot of guests. Two such changes have taken place over the past few months that are worth diving into.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- At Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, the bridge connecting Ol’ Man Island and Magnolia Bend is closing periodically this month for refurbishment.
- Construction continues at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, as the refurbishment that is scheduled to be completed in “late fall” of this year begins to wind down.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Theme park hours for Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom have been extended in early August 2023 (and one date in July).
- Earlier this month, we told you about a new baby Shetland pony at Tri-Circle-D Ranch in Walt Disney World. As of today, the pony now has a name, which was announced across social media.
- The iconic Splash Mountain tree peak has now been completely removed at Disneyland Park.
- A new pink and gold Disney Princess ear headband is available at Disneyland Resort.
- New merchandise themed to Captain America and Iron Man are available now at Disney California Adventure.
- Fans of Disney artist Eric Tan will be able to meet him and purchase new pins inspired by his Moonliner Astronaut figure series at Disneyland this weekend.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- A new Disney100 figure inspired by the version of Cinderella Castle at Tokyo Disneyland is now available at Walt Disney World.
Entertainment and Media
- Disney has released “Wish” character posters for Asha (Ariana DeBose) and King Magnifico (Chris Pine).
- Marvel Studios has released their second “The Marvels” trailer, plus a new poster for the film, which will be the 33rd in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Walt Disney Records has released a new album that features songs from the more recent series of Mickey Mouse shorts — including full versions that were previously unavailable.
WDW News Today
World’s First Haunted Mansion Bar and Lounge Coming in 2024 (News Today)
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!