We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, July 31, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- We had a first look at new Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023 tees, featuring Mickey and the Sanderson Sisters from “Hocus Pocus.”
- The Splash Mountain barn has been repainted yellow for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.
- New Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party entertainment is coming this year, to include a Pirate Band, Max Goof Powerline parties, and more.
- Halloween scarecrows & jack-o’-lanterns have been installed in Magic Kingdom as the park prepares for spooky season.
- The Fray will replace The Bacon Brothers in the Eat to the Beat Concert Series at EPCOT.
- Friendship Boat VIII has debuted a new paint scheme that will likely be used on more friendship boats in the near future.
- A new sparkling orange Minnie Halloween Loungefly backpack is available at Walt Disney World.
- Guests can now buy a portable Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin game and play at home.
- Check out this new glow-in-the-dark Darth Vader Loungefly mini backpack.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Former Reedy Creek Administrator John Classe has officially parted ways with the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District.
- Monorail Green has returned from its refurbishment with new black deltas.
- The “Finding Nemo” slide, splash pad, and pool are all opening tomorrow at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, as a part of its Pixar Place re-theme.
- The former Steakhouse 55 at Disneyland Hotel will now become a lounge space.
- A ghoulish Haunted Mansion wallpaper Loungefly drawstring backpack has materialized in New Orleans Square.
- Also, a new dress and t-shirt inspired by Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar is now available.
Entertainment and Media
- Paul Reubens, the legendary actor behind Pee-wee Herman & Captain Rex from Star Tours, has passed away.
- “Haunted Mansion” made a measly $24 million during its opening weekend, behind “Barbie” & “Oppenhiemer” — though it hopes to rebound like “Elemental” after a few weeks of lessened box office competition.
The Walt Disney Company
- Kevin Mayer & Tom Staggs are reportedly returning as advisors to Disney CEO Bob Iger, primarily regarding the future of the company’s TV strategy.
WDW News Today
Tom Staggs & Kevin Mayer Saving Bob Iger, Guests Jump from “it’s a small world” (News Today)
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!