A new Walt Disney tiki mug is available to Disneyland Resort Club 33 members starting today. It was revealed by Trader Josh and Trader Dave, @enchantedtikibar on Instagram.
On Monday, some Club 33 Members were the first to get the tiki mug at a True-Life Adventures of Walt Disney event with Walt Disney Archives historian Ed Ovalle.
The tiki mug is sculpted to look like Walt Disney wearing a lei. The mug is white with a golden Club 33 logo on the back.
Check out more Disney tiki mugs:
- New José Tiki Mug Now Available at Trader Sam’s for 60th Anniversary of Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- New Mickey, Minnie, Stitch, and More Disney Tiki Mugs by Beeline Creative
- Blue 2nd Edition Yub Nub Battle of Endor Tiki Mug Arrives at Oga’s Cantina in Disneyland
- New Second Edition Copper & Gray Piranha Tiki Mug Arrives at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar
- 4th Edition HippopotoMai-Tai Tiki Mug Available at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar
Club 33 is a private organization that debuted in 1967 with the first club location above Pirates of the Caribbean, next to Walt Disney’s former apartment, in Disneyland Park. Though Walt did not live to see the opening of Club 33, it was his idea after he was inspired by VIP lounges at the 1964-65 New York World’s Fair.
The name reportedly comes from its 33 Royal Street address in New Orleans Square, although other theories regarding the name have been tossed around over the years. At the time of opening, Club 33 was the only location in the park to serve alcoholic beverages.
Since 1967, more Club 33 locations have opened at each of the four Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, Tokyo Disneyland, and Shanghai Disneyland. In Disney California Adventure, Club 33 members can visit the 1901 Lounge, named for the year Walt Disney was born.
In addition to the themed clubs, members also get access to exclusive events and offerings.
There is often a years-long waitlist for Club 33 membership, which costs thousands of dollars, and it’s separate for Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.