We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Saturday, August 19, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The upcoming “Encanto” Mirabel meet and greet was added to the Walt Disney World website.
- We released our full guide to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023.
- A Haunted Mansion-themed “Gravedigger” popcorn mix is available at Magic Kingdom.
- The Vanellope meet and greet closed permanently to make way for a Figment meet and greet.
- A new Dooney & Bourke collection inspired by Mickey Mouse’s first cartoon, “Plane Crazy,” (and featuring an incorrect Walt Disney quote) is coming soon.
- There’s a new Figment Loungefly mini backpack.
- A Mickey & Minnie ornament and matching throw blanket have arrived, inspired by the Germany Pavilion’s clock tower.
- A new Loungefly collection of Disney100 cake-inspired items is available for pre-order.
- Also, there’s a new 100 Years of Wonder and Music light-up figure, featuring Mickey from “The Band Concert.”
Other Walt Disney World News
- The sign for the Palm, Magnolia, and Oak Trail Golf Courses was demolished for the ongoing World Drive construction project.
- Pixel Pool and the “Finding Nemo” splash pad opened at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, which is becoming the Pixar Place Hotel.
- Disneyland Resort was closely monitoring Hurricane Hilary earlier today, then announced the theme parks and Downtown Disney District would close early on Sunday, August 20.
Entertainment and Media
- Ravensburger released another Disney Lorcana story trailer.
- “Thor 5,” directed by Taika Waititi, may be in development.
- The son of the animated 1937 “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” director says the upcoming live-action remake is too “woke” and “insulting.”
- New “Marvel Studios’ Assembled” episodes about the making of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” and “Secret Invasion” are coming to Disney+ in September.
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!