We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, August 15, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- To celebrate Hispanic and Latin American Heritage Month, which begins on September 15, Walt Disney World has announced that two familiar faces from the animated film “Encanto,” Mirabel and Bruno, will be making appearances at Magic Kingdom.
- Live bats that have made their home at Pirates of the Caribbean in Magic Kingdom have been causing problems for the past few weeks, leading to the ride closing for anywhere from 15 minutes to several hours at a time.
- Reservations are now open for Shiki-Sai: Sushi Izakaya, a new restaurant coming to the Japan Pavilion at EPCOT.
- The full Shiki-Sai: Sushi Izakaya menu has been released ahead of the new EPCOT restaurant’s official opening on August 30.
- During a Cast Member event, Disney revealed a mural that will be inside CommuniCore Hall when it opens at EPCOT later this year.
- While most booths for the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival opened July 27, a few stragglers opened on August 15 — including The Noodle Exchange!
- Shiki-Sai: Sushi Izakaya has already soft-opened, and we visited EPCOT to give a review of the new Japan Pavilion venue.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Contempo Café at Disney’s Contemporary Resort will debut new menu items tomorrow, Wednesday, August 16.
- A new light-up Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party glass pumpkin is available at Crystal Arts, the Arribas Brothers location in Magic Kingdom.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board has filed a new motion for summary judgement in its state lawsuit against Walt Disney World, hoping to gain a pre-trial win.
- San Fransokyo Square is set to open at the end of the month on August 31, and work is progressing on both the Torii Gate Bridge and the rest of the square.
- A new Princess Belle Sipper has been announced for Disneyland Resort, and will waltz its way into Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure starting August 15.
- New elements were added to the CenTOONial Park Fountain last month at Mickey’s Toontown, and now new water jets have been added to the flowers and clamshells in the fountain.
- The long awaited show lighting updates have been added to Avengers Assemble: Flight Force in Avengers Campus at Walt Disney Studios Park, Disneyland Paris.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Parks Blog will air a first-look video at the Disney Treasure, Disney Cruise Line’s next ship, on Wednesday, August 30.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!