We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, August 23, 2023.
Walt Disney World
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Concept art for the once-planned The Great Muppet Ride at Disney-MGM Studios (and ultimately Disneyland) was shared by Tough Pigs.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The Stormalong Bay and Shipwreck Pools at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will be closed for five months to complete routine maintenance.
- The Enchanted Tiki Room mug and Trader Sam’s chip and dip bowl set first released at Disneyland Resort have now arrived at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort in Walt Disney World.
Other Walt Disney World News
- During Wednesday’s Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board of Supervisors meeting, Reedy Creek firefighters spoke out against the District’s decision to cancel the Walt Disney World Annual Pass program.
- The CFTOD Board of Supervisors may be hiring a law professor to prepare a detailed research report identifying strengths and weaknesses in the District.
- CFTOD Administrator Glen Gilzean announced in a presentation during Wednesday’s Board meeting that over $5 million would be budgeted in 2024 for their legal fight with Walt Disney World.
- Disney PhotoPass has introduced two new “Ahsoka”-inspired Magic Shots and a new Lens at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in both the Disneyland Resort and Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World in conjunction with the show’s premiere.
- Disneyland Resort has released a first look at the Tiana’s Palace menu ahead of the restaurant’s opening on September 7. The resort also released a first look at the interior and the price of every dish on the menu.
- Disneyland released a social media teaser for Ahsoka Tano before she made her Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge debut.
- We noticed progress on the construction of Paseo and Centrico from Michelin-starred Chef Carlos Gayton at the Downtown Disney District.
- Ahsoka Tano made her debut as a meet-and-greet character at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- At the end of August, Baymax Bread will be making its debut at San Fransokyo Square in Disney California Adventure as the Pacific Wharf area continues its transformation into the world of “Big Hero 6.”
- The Disneyland Hotel’s iconic Monorail waterslides and pool are currently closed for refurbishment.
- We took a trip to Grizzly Peak for lunch at Smokejumpers Grill in Disney California Adventure, which currently has a few seasonal offerings, and reviewed all the new items.
- Disneyland Paris is hosting the Annual Passholder-exclusive “Villainous Night” on Friday, September 29 at Disneyland Park.
Disney Cruise Line
- Guests aboard the Disney Wonder wanting to commemorate their Disney Cruise Line experience can bring a tangible memory home with this Disney Wonder Pandora charm.
Entertainment and Media
- Plans for a number of new Marvel-themed LEGO sets coming in 2024 have leaked, according to Falconbricks on Instagram.
- Ravensburger North America CEO Stephanie Madi, Ravensburger’s Global head of games Filip Francke, and Disney Lorcana co-designer Ryan Miller revealed that the company has a 10-year plan for the game.
- The Star Wars: Unlimited starter decks were revealed during a livestream on Wednesday, August 23.
- The world of Disney’s blockbuster animated film series “Frozen” is being expanded with a new sequel podcast series, according to Deadline.
WDW News Today
Throwback Classic – Watching the Original Turner and Hooch! on Disney+ (Deep in the Plus)
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!