We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, August 1, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Festive bunting and jack-o’-lanterns now adorn the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A., joining the Town Square scarecrows.
- Curtains are up by the Endless Hallway of Magic Kingdom’s Haunted Mansion as work begins for the installation of the Hatbox Ghost.
- “Happily Ever After,” Magic Kingdom’s fireworks spectacular, will move to earlier showtimes in August and September 2023 as the days grow shorter.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Tenoo Swirl Crunchies Cereal drink is coming to the Milk Stand in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios tomorrow, August 2.
- A new, updated Elsa Fantasmic costume has debuted at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the nighttime spectacular.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- The Moana Heart of Te Fiti Cupcake is now available for World Princess Week.
- Disney Springs has stopped offering valet parking.
- Ahead of World Princess Week, which kicks off later this month, Walt Disney World is celebrating with new Disney Princess-themed snacks — like the Rapunzel Cone, available now at Disney Springs.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- We made a trip to Disney’s Beach Club Resort to try the limited-time Ariel Milk Shake.
- Halloween has arrived a little early at Walt Disney World in the form of a new merchandise collection.
- A new Figment MagicBand+ is available on shopDisney.
- Even though the real-world statue has yet to debut at EPCOT, a new Walt the Dreamer ornament has appeared on shopDisney.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World has introduced a new discounted ticket: the Florida Resident Disney 2-Park Explorer Ticket.
- The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District has abolished their Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programs, calling them discriminatory and a waste of money.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- New Halloween souvenirs, including a Mickey ghost and jack-o’-lantern popcorn bucket, are coming to Tokyo Disney Resort on September 1, 2023.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- Disney Parks shared a behind-the-scenes video about the creation of the new “Dream Makers” statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse coming to Hong Kong Disneyland.
Entertainment and Media
- After Ravensburger filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit Upper Deck filed against them regarding Disney Lorcana, Upper Deck amended their complaint to include multiple changes, including claims of copyright infringement.
- The Walt Disney Company and NBCUniversal are both keeping an eye on a New York state legislation that would stop them from using a tax break if they use AI in place of film and TV workers.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press made a filing in support of Disney in their lawsuit against Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and the CFTOD Board.
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!