We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, September 29, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Cinderella Fountain in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom has been filled and is again pumping water, concluding a summer’s worth of work that saw the once-aged fountain repaired and repainted.
- Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit has returned to EPCOT for a second Halloween season. The scavenger hunt has existed at Disneyland Resort for a few years but made its Walt Disney World debut last year.
- The Hotel du Canada façade in the Canada Pavilion at EPCOT has been undergoing an overall repainting since earlier this summer. Now, a new shade of paint has covered the previous primer-covered bricks, bringing this project one step closer to completion.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Extended Evening Hours return this weekend to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, but one popular attraction is missing from the lineup of available offerings — Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Boat transportation across Bay Lake between Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will return after a long absence on October 1, 2023.
- In addition, boat transportation across Bay Lake between Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds, and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will also return on October 1.
- During our visit to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa today, we saw that walls have come down around Gasparilla Island Grill, and the entrance is now open to guests
- The Disney Parks are known for their iconic snacks, and now, the youngest parks fans in the family can have their own Disney Snacks & Popcorn Stand with this pretend play set from Melissa & Doug, available at Target.
- A new Chip ‘n Dale shoulder plush has arrived at Walt Disney World, ready for Disney fans to bring them on their adventures in the parks.
- A new Steiff Mickey Mouse plush wearing his Disney100 platinum outfit is now available at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Though Disney’s Wilderness Lodge draws its inspiration from national parks and the Pacific Northwest, a new ear headband that recently debuted at the resort takes its aesthetic cues from a slightly different region of the United States.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Do you use a travel agent when booking your vacations? A lot of people think it costs more to use the services of a travel agent. However, this couldn’t be further from the truth! (Sponsored)
- We are staying at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel during opening week. The new Discovery Tower has several types of Disney Vacation Club accommodation. We stayed in a studio with a standard view during our first visit, and we’re bringing you along for a tour.
- A pre-sale is now open for Disneyland Resort Magic Key holders to purchase from a limited quantity of select pre-sale Christmas merchandise.
- After yesterday’s grand opening of The Villas at the Disneyland Hotel, the Sorcerer’s Hat path has reopened to guests today.
- Ahead of this weekend’s special Toy Story Funday Football game, a new photo op for the television event has appeared at Disneyland Resort.
- An illusion art mural has been under construction right outside the esplanade at Disneyland Resort to commemorate The Villas at Disneyland Hotel. After The Villas held their grand opening yesterday, the mural has also been completed.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- The new 2024-2025 Ambassador team for Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has been chosen, after being selected from a pool of eight finalists.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line has announced some details about a Disney Vacation Club member-exclusive “First Wave” voyage on the Disney Treasure.
Entertainment and Media
- Ravensburger has announced in a statement to ComicBook.com that the reprint of Disney Lorcana: The First Chapter will be available by the 2023 holidays in North America and by January 2024 in Europe.
The Walt Disney Company
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District (CFTOD) Board of Supervisors have filed new motions to dismiss Walt Disney World’s federal lawsuit against them.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!