We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, September 12, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- New reflective baseboard runners have been added to the “Dreamport” tunnel inside the Imagination! Pavilion of EPCOT, where characters like Figment enter for their meet and greets. The change was made overnight after Figment tripped and fell multiple times on Monday, September 11.
- The new Ride Share area at the EPCOT parking lot is now open.
- Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana” will be available during Early Entry and Extended Evening Hours for Walt Disney World hotel guests starting that day.
- With Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana” still going through Cast Member previews, we were recently able to visit the attraction at night and see what’s different.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Doors that will eventually open to a balcony and a scenic view of the Monorail have been installed as construction on the Disney Vacation Club tower at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort continues.
- The first round of 2023 Christmas merchandise has arrived on shopDisney, plus they provided a sneak peek of more holiday merchandise coming on October 2.
- The Mickey Mouse Skeleton Popcorn Bucket first released at Disneyland Resort is now available at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Two new Pirates of the Caribbean pin sets are available at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Disneyland Resort has announced new menu items, including alcohol, for River Belle Terrace, Cafe Orleans, and Carnation Cafe in Disneyland Park.
- Just as Plaza de la Familia festivities commence at Disney California Adventure, a new “Coco”-inspired Loungefly backpack is available at the park.
- Disneyland Resort is casting “Turning Red” character look-alikes including for the band 4*TOWN.
- The Pumpkin Bundt Cake, which debuted last year, has returned to the Cappuccino Cart at Disney California Adventure for Halloween 2023, and we were able to try it again.
- The newest Ahsoka Tano inspired merchandise in the galaxy has just arrived at Disneyland.
- We took a trip to Tomorrowland and found ourselves peckish at breakfast time. Fortunately, Galactic Grill just debuted a host of new breakfast offerings. We stopped in to sample each of the new options.
- The Spicy Chicken Sandwich has returned to Carnation Café in Disneyland Park for another year of Halloween celebrations, and we tried it for ourselves.
- The Darth by Chocolate Parfait is back for Halloween 2023 at Disneyland, and we couldn’t resist trying it again for review.
- The Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris has been undergoing a major reimagining since 2020 and a grand reopening date has just been announced.
- In addition to its opening date, we also got a look at the various Disney Princess-inspired rooms and suites for the Disneyland Hotel.
- Disneyland Paris has shared more concept art and details about the dining locations at the refurbished Disneyland Hotel, which will reopen in January 2024.
- When Disneyland Hotel reopens at Disneyland Paris next year, it will have a new “Royal Collection” of princess-inspired merchandise.
- In addition to Disney Princess-inspired rooms and new restaurants, the Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris will have a spa, Royal Kids Club, and more offerings.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- Hong Kong Disneyland shared a video from their new World of Frozen land including the first on-ride footage from Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs.
- While celebrating the 18th anniversary of Hong Kong Disneyland on Tuesday, September 12, representatives and executives shared another look at World of Frozen.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney has shared some of the Disney Parks Easter eggs that fans will see on the Disney Treasure when it launches next year.
Entertainment and Media
- Ravensburger has revealed new cards and products for Disney Lorcana: Rise of the Floodborn, the second chapter of the new trading card game, set to be released to local retailers on November 17 and widely on December 1.
The Walt Disney Company
- New details have come to light regarding why Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ Central Florida Tourism Oversight District abolished their Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion contracting programs.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!