We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, September 21, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- EPCOT is finally putting the old Traveler’s Café Starbucks location to use as the new Swirled Showcase Global Marketplace for the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival. The location is expected to stay open through the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays.
- Swirled Showcase is one of four new Global Marketplaces soon debuting, joining Wine & Wedge, Char & Chop, and Bubbles & Brine. The menus with prices are now out at EPCOT.
- New signs for the previously opened Figment meet and greet and the upcoming Mickey meet and greet have been installed outside the Imagination! Pavilion in EPCOT.
- We tried the cocktails released in celebration of the second anniversary of Space 220 Restaurant.
- A new pin celebrating “The Disney Afternoon” has joined the 1990s Disney100 Decades collection available at Walt Disney World.
- New magnets that are part of the “Star Wars”-inspired “Bantha Burger” collection were spotted at Star Wars Galactic Outpost in Disney Springs.
- New Walt Disney World Annual Passholder glassware is available at Crystal Arts, the Arribas Brothers location in Magic Kingdom.
- After a year-long closure to be reimagined, parts of Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland are closing again for updates to “address persistent problems,” Orange County Register shared.
- A new Encanto ear headband has arrived at Disneyland Park, as part of the recently-released ‘Encanto La Familia Madrigal’ collection.
- Disneyland Paris has named José Alfaro Navarro and Dylan Legras as their new ambassadors for 2024-2025.
Disney Cruise Line
- DisneyBand+, the Disney Cruise Line version of MagicBand+, is coming to the Disney Magic ship next month.
- Disney Cruise Line is celebrating “Halloween on the High Seas” with a new collection of merchandise, including a Spirit Jersey and ear headband.
Entertainment and Media
- Disney’s new “Once Upon a Studio” short film will have its broadcast premiere on ABC during “The Wonderful World of Disney: Disney’s 100th Anniversary Celebration!” on October 15, 2023. Disney also released a new trailer for the short.
- Guillermo del Toro was going to direct a “Star Wars” film written by David S. Goyer, but the film never came to fruition, the pair recently confirmed.
WDW News Today
Bears, Bats, and Alligators at Magic Kingdom, Disney Parks Inspired Travel Destinations
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!