Not even a month after its grand opening, the coverings on some of the posts supporting the Torii Gate Bridge in San Fransokyo Square have already started to fall apart at Disney California Adventure.
Torii Gate Bridge Post Falling Apart
The affected posts are on the side of the bridge closest to the Pixar Pal-A-Round.
The damage appears to only be on this side of the Torii Gate Bridge.
This close-up shows that pieces of the International Orange covering installed on the bridge posts has already started to come off.
Here, a piece of the paneling is actually missing, exposing the structure underneath. However, the straight, precise lines suggest that this portion could have been intentionally removed.
On the right side of this post, the paneling has started to visibly separate from the rest of the covering. You can also plainly see holes where screws should be, but are missing.
Looking up ahead, a similar square chunk is missing on the other post on this side. You can also see the seam lines on the right side of the post covering.
San Fransokyo Square
San Fransokyo Square is a retheming of the previous Pacific Wharf land in Disney California Adventure, pulling inspiration from the Disney animated film, “Big Hero 6.”
Here, guests can meet and interact with Hiro and Baymax, enjoy “local” restaurants like Aunt Cass Café and Rita’s Turbine Blenders, and browse local shops like San Fransokyo Maker’s Market.
The reimagined land officially opened to guests on August 31, 2023, after a soft-opening period.
Check out a selection of our San Fransokyo Square coverage below:
- REVIEW: Trying the Full Menu at Aunt Cass Cafe Featuring Soba Noodle Salad, Sourdough Bread Bowls, Japanese-Style Cheesecake, and More in San Fransokyo Square at Disneyland Resort
- PHOTOS: Updated Baymax Sipper Debuts in San Fransokyo Square at Disneyland Resort
- PHOTOS: Baymax Bread Arrives at San Fransokyo Square in Disney California Adventure
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Meet Hiro and TALKING Baymax in San Fransokyo Square at Disneyland Resort
- FIRST LOOK at the ‘Big Hero 6’ San Fransokyo Maker’s Market Gift Shop in Disney California Adventure
Have you spotted the damage to the Torii Gate Bridge on your recent visit to Disney California Adventure? Let us know in the comments.