We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, September 27, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- In Crystal Arts at Magic Kingdom for the past few weeks, Miguel Arribas of the Arribas Brothers has been creating a glass replica of Sleeping Beauty Castle from Disneyland Paris. The castle is now available for purchase for $100,000.
- There have been some major changes to Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom recently as the old attraction is turned into the new Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The 50th anniversary medallions have been removed from most of the Fab 50 statues in Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom.
- Starting next week, Disney Springs parking garages and surface lots will open at 9:00 a.m. instead of 10:00 a.m.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- While work continues on the exterior of the new Disney Vacation Club tower at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, we’re also seeing progress inside the tower.
- Walt Disney World has a new Mickey camouflage collection including two T-shirts, a sweatshirt, and a water bottle.
- A new fuzzy Pixar Spirit Jersey features some of Pixar’s fluffiest animal and plush characters. The jersey is now available at Walt Disney World Resort.
- A new Disney Parks water bottle featuring iconography from Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort is now available in Magic Kingdom.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World is offering a Water Park Seasonal Pass for winter and spring. The passes will be valid through May 24, 2024, with no blockout dates.
- During a meeting on Wednesday, September 27, 2023, the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board of Supervisors discussed and unanimously approved a new benefits stipend policy for its employees and retirees, replacing the previous Walt Disney World Annual Pass benefit.
- Also during Wednesday’s meeting, CFTOD made their final vote to adopt their proposed budget for fiscal year 2024, which includes a $3.1 million cut to roadway repairs and maintenance around Walt Disney World Resort.
- A new Disney100 ear headband by Loungefly has arrived at Disneyland Resort as we approach the actual 100th anniversary of The Walt Disney Company.
- Disneyland’s 70th anniversary celebration is coming up in 2025, and new reports suggest that the fan-favorite Paint the Night Parade will hold off on returning until then.
- While on a recent visit to Disneyland Paris, we spotted a piece of merchandise that took us by surprise — highly-detailed doll replicas of Mickey and Minnie as their meet and greet character selves, dressed in their platinum Disney100 outfits.
Entertainment and Media
- A new poster and trailer have been released for Disney’s “Wish,” the latest movie (not to be confused with the Disney Wish, a cruise ship) from the Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- With the launch of Star Wars: Unlimited approaching the horizon like the binary suns of Tatooine, we’re excited to offer an exclusive first look at the products for the first set — Spark of Rebellion.
- Star Wars: Unlimited released a preview of the organized play kits that will be available to local game stores.
The Walt Disney Company
- Earlier this year, it was rumored that Kevin Mayer and Tom Staggs had been brought back into the fold of Disney to act as advisors to CEO Bob Iger. Byron Allen, who is hoping to buy ABC and other Disney-owned channels, has confirmed the pair are advising Iger on his sale options.
- Byron Allen has spoken up about his $10 billion offer to buy ABC, FX, National Geographic, and local stations from Disney, saying “capital’s not an issue,” but Bob Iger is “not ready” for a sale.
- According to a report from The Information, MasterClass spent $100,000 to recreate Bob Iger’s office when they filmed the CEO’s classes.
WDW News Today
Disney Park Lists Trees as Attractions, Disney World Hotel Discounts Announced
Alley Cats Strike Movie Review: Disney Channel Original Throwback!
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!