We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, October 9, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- More details are being added to the colorful mural across the barn in the Tiana’s Bayou Adventure queue at Magic Kingdom.
- After the installation of triangle-patterned steel frameworks, the first Spaceship Earth-inspired panels have been installed on CommuniCore Hall in EPCOT.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- A new video documenting a 2022 arrest initiated by a federal officer recognizing a fugitive at Disney’s Animal Kingdom has been released.
- We recently let our readers know that a Lorcana starter deck restock made product available to Walt Disney World guests at Disney Springs; now, that restock has sold out, after surviving a couple of days on the shelves.
- We tried two new Heimlich-inspired treats are available at Amorette’s Patisserie in Disney Springs.
- The location of EET by Maneet Chauhan, a new quick-service restaurant soon coming to Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort, has been revealed.
- A new Disney Munchlings Figment plush has arrived at Walt Disney World for the holidays.
- A new Disney Munchlings plush depicting Heimlich from “A Bug’s Life” debuted at Disney Springs.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney has revealed the 2024 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend medals. The runDisney event, presented by CORKCICLE, will take place at Walt Disney World from February 22 through 26, 2024.
- The “FactSheet” dispersed to attendees at October 9’s DisneylandForward-centric meeting at Anaheim City Hall contains a concept for a contemporary parking structure that could potentially be built near Disneyland Resort should the DisneylandForward effort progress.
- Out of the shadows, a new Oogie Boogie Bash Spirit Jersey crept into Disney California Adventure Park. The late arrival Spirit Jersey glows in the dark and features the event’s namesake.
- As the weather chills, sport your Disneyland pride in this stylish new cable knit sweater styled like your favorite Spirit Jersey shirt.
- Disneyland Paris will be adding “Frozen” and “Winnie the Pooh” scenes to Le Pays des Contes de Fées, their version of the Storybook Land Canal Boats, in 2024.
Entertainment and Media
- With significant buzz around Disney Lorcana shortages and reprints, some good news for the Ravensburger team: Disney Lorcana earned its way onto Good Housekeeping‘s Best New Toys 2023 List.
- Guillermo del Toro confirmed in an interview with Collider’s Steven Weintraub that he almost directed a “Star Wars” film about the rise and fall of Jabba the Hutt.
- Fantasy Flight Games shared new information about Star Wars: Unlimited organized play and future plans for the game at Internationale Spieltage SPIEL in Essen, Germany this weekend.
- Members of the Writers Guild of America have ratified their new three-year deal with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers.
- There is finally more news about the “Tiana” Disney+ series. Joyce Sherrí will be the show’s lead writer and director, Variety reports.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney has filed two new interesting patents, Orlando Business Journal shared. The first is for a ride system that could easily move ride vehicles from one kind of track to another, while the other involves walking robots.
- As Disney stock drops to its lowest price in nine years, Nelson Peltz is once again planning to push for seats on the company’s Board of Directors, unnamed sources told the Wall Street Journal.
- The Disney Research team unveiled a new child-size walking robot during their Wednesday presentation at the 2023 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) in Detroit.
WDW News Today
EPCOT Losing Nemo? Splash Mountain and Communicore Construction Updates
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!