We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, October 19, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The Columbia Harbour House construction work has extended down another side of the building in Magic Kingdom.
- Candlelight Processional dining packages are now available to book. The famous holiday performance featuring celebrity narrators takes place in the America Gardens Theatre of EPCOT from November 24 to December 30.
- All authentic Moroccan items available at the Morocco Pavilion in EPCOT are currently 40% off for a limited time.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Guests who were part of the final “voyages” aboard the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser received a survey that suggests Disney is reconsidering shuttering the immersive experience completely, according to The Wrap.
- Three individuals close to the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser project at Walt Disney World Resort have said that the experience “never made money,” according to a new report from The Wrap.
- Celebrate Hanukkah 2023 with Mickey this year thanks to a new Hanukkah Mickey plush available at Walt Disney World.
- A new collection of wintry jewelry by BaubleBar and a new Christmas T-shirt have arrived at Walt Disney World this week.
Other Walt Disney World News
- A new state injury report detailed a dozen Orlando theme park incidents that happened this summer where visitors were sick or hurt on rides and needed at least 24 hours of hospitalization.
- On Thursday, Disney Parks shared an image of Miss Minutes from “Loki” taking over the “it’s a small world” clock face at Disneyland.
- We now know when Disney is expected to pay out the $9.5 million settlement they agreed upon to Disneyland Resort Magic Key holders.
- On our recent trip to Disneyland Resort, we found the new Mechanical Mischief pin collection featuring the Disney Villains, as well as pins for Haunted Mansion Holiday, Stitch, and more.
- We were able to attend one of the in-high-demand Trader Sam’s Mixology Seminars, this one lightly themed for the spooky season, at the Disneyland Hotel this month. Read our review.
- The La Luna Star Catcher game at Pixar Pier in Disney California Adventure has a new collectible key prize — the 80th anniversary “Fantasia” key released three years ago.
- Plumbing and welding work is underway as crews continue to transform Splash Mountain into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Disneyland Park.
- New drinkware available at Disneyland Resort this week includes a totally cool Lizzie McGuire tumbler and a “One Hundred and One Dalmatians” bottle.
- The 2010s “Frozen” MagicBand+ has arrived at Disneyland Resort.
- We found a new “Star Wars” youth tee, stocking droid figure, and pet shirt at World of Disney in Downtown Disney District.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Tokyo Disney Resort is coming out with a new miniature figure of the Grand Emporium window display featuring Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto.
Entertainment and Media
- The childhood home of Walt Disney opened its doors to public tour guests for the first time on Sunday, October 15, allowing the general public to catch a glimpse into the early life of a man who would go on to be a pioneer across several industries.
The Walt Disney Company
- ABC’s “Good Morning America” will be moving from its Times Square studio to Hudson Square in 2025, as part of a larger move by The Walt Disney Company, Variety reports.
- The Walt Disney Company has named Tinisha Agramonte as their new chief diversity officer and senior vice president.
WDW News Today
Jungle Cruise Halloween Overlay, Childhood Disney Parks Fears, DFB Halloween Food Toss
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!