We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, October 25, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Pump dispensers have returned to the Condiments Bar at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe — meaning sauce packets are no longer offered at the quick service restaurant.
- We visited Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Magic Kingdom several times this week to see how the construction of the new attraction has come along.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Previously exclusive Galactic Starcruiser apparel and accessories are now available for purchase in the shops of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- After a long absence, the star of stage and screen, Miss Piggy, has returned in her statue form to her rightful place in the Muppets Fountain at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort was evacuated and closed to all guests due to a chemical scare this morning.
- A spokesperson from the Reedy Creek Fire Department confirmed that this morning’s evacuation of part of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort was due to a chemical scare.
- If you’re looking to get together with friends and family to celebrate the season over a special meal, Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge has you covered.
- A new pair of Disney100 Ray-Ban sunglasses featuring Mickey Mouse and other iconic Disney characters has arrived at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Columbia Sportswear Company at Disney Springs has a new collection of Disney100 winter apparel. Some items are also available on shopDisney.
- A new charm set by Pandora is available at Disney Springs. The celestial set is inspired by Sorcerer Mickey, and guests who purchase all five charms also get a sorcerer hat storage box.
- A new teal blue Spirit Jersey with purple details is available in adult and youth sizes at Walt Disney World.
- More new Disney’s Wilderness Lodge merchandise has arrived at the resort.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World Resort has announced that the Disney Skyliner, one of the methods of travel around the resort, will be going down for a short maintenance in early 2024.
- The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District has reportedly made a deal with Freddie Figgers for a new system to improve 911 calls and response times.
- Walt Disney World will soon roll out two new features to make booking dining reservations via the My Disney Experience app easier: availability alerts and date range searching.
- Disney Vacation Club has announced the dates and registration details for 2024 Moonlight Magic events at Walt Disney World theme parks and Disney California Adventure.
- Two years after Tarzan’s Treehouse at Disneyland Park unexpectedly closed, Disneyland has announced the opening date of the new Adventureland Treehouse attraction.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- The latest installment of “Disney Paper Parks” teaches fans how to create their own Mystic Manor carousel book inspired by the original attraction at Hong Kong Disneyland.
Entertainment and Media
- Fantasy Flight Games has shared information about Star Wars: Unlimited competitive play, including tournament points and the types of qualifying events leading to the Galactic Championship.
- Rrestocks of Lorcana are expected to begin at Local Game Shops throughout North America next week. These restocks will consist of booster packs of the first chapter of product.
- In an X post, Disney Lorcana shared a teaser of what to expect in the second quarter of 2024 — that both official fan events and a competitive Disney Lorcana circuit are coming soon.
- The names and release dates of the three “Doctor Who” 60th anniversary specials, which will premiere on Disney+ in the U.S.A., have been announced.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Storyliving by Disney community, Cotino, has removed all references to the Laughing Place Ranch, which references “Song of the South,” which has been nearly entirely scrubbed from the Disney Parks in an aim to be more inclusive.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!