We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, October 16, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana walkthrough attraction opened at EPCOT on October 16, and with it, a new park map debuted.
- A limited edition Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana pin was released at EPCOT in celebration of the attraction’s opening
- If you’re looking for background noise to enjoy while you work, relax, or study, Disney has uploaded a new video showcasing the nighttime “relaxing sounds of nature” in Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana at EPCOT.
- The Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana virtual queue released capacity on the attraction’s opening day.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney has offered a glimpse at some of the exclusive theming that guests attending the upcoming Disney Jollywood Nights holiday party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will have the opportunity to experience.
- To celebrate today being the 100th anniversary of The Walt Disney Company, the book “The Story of Disney 100 Years of Wonder” is available for purchase at Walt Disney World Resort.
- A new Disney100 Vinylmations series is currently available on the Target Australia website. The series should be available at Target stores in the U.S.A. and on Target.com soon.
- A plush of Yzma in cat form from “The Emperor’s New Groove” and a Pixar pin set are available at Walt Disney World, as part of the new 2000s Disney100 Decades collection.
- A new Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Loungefly backpack and acorn mug have joined the cowboy ear headband available at the resort.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The judge has extended the deadline for Disney to file their response to Florida Governor Ron Desantis and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District’s latest motions to dismiss their federal case.
- A physical fight broke out in Disneyland Park yesterday, October 15, 2023, in front of the Storybook Land Canal Boats.
- Though the recently revealed “The Little Mermaid”-inspired Ursula tiki mug at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel won’t be available for purchase until October 18, guests who took part in the October 16 Trader Sam’s Mixology Seminar were able to take the mug back to their own caves with them.
- A new light-up Cars Land ear headband has arrived at Disneyland Resort. It matches the neon Cars Land merchandise, including a Spirit Jersey, released earlier this month.
- A version of the Mickey and Friends Halloween Cavalcade returned to Disneyland Park on the afternoon of October 16 in celebration of spooky season.
- Most of the 2000s Disney100 Decades collection (the “Enchanted” ear headband, Yzma plush, Pixar pin set, and “The Princess and the Frog” Loungfly backpack) has arrived at Disneyland Resort.
- All scaffolding surrounding the Adventureland Treehouse at Disneyland has been removed as the walkthrough attraction inches toward its impending opening.
- Work continues in the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort as the entire area is reimagined. We visited the shopping, dining, and entertainment center to check out the latest construction updates.
- Disneyland Paris celebrated 100 years of The Walt Disney Company on Monday morning with a special opening ceremony and cavalcade.
Entertainment and Media
- Walt Disney Animation Studios will release “This Wish” from their upcoming film “Wish” on Wednesday, October 18.
- The Miami TCG Convention this month will feature Disney Lorcana with appearances by a dozen of the game’s illustrators as well as the largest Lorcana tournament of 2023.
- Disney’s new “Once Upon a Studio” short film is now streaming on Disney+. The short originally debuted at the Annecy International Animation Film Festival and then on ABC on October 15.
- Marvel Studios will re-release “Werewolf by Night” in color on Disney+ next week. A new trailer has been released.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Walt Disney Archives shared six new Disney100 illustrations honoring the various eras of The Walt Disney Company, from the 1920s to today.
- In honor of the 100th anniversary of The Walt Disney Company on Monday, Disney teamed up with TikTok to launch new features in the video-sharing app, including collectible virtual character cards, trivia, and profile frames.
WDW News Today
Guests “Whale” on Each Other in Disneyland, Walt Disney Statues Arriving Around the World
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!