We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, October 29, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Crews add more greenery to the façade of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure every day as they also work on the salt mine mountaintop and other details of the new Magic Kingdom attraction.
- We reported back in March that the finale scene of “it’s a small world” in Magic Kingdom was looking worse for wear. Specifically, the backdrop was stained and discolored, likely due to condensation. Over seven months later, it looks like Disney has finally cleaned up the walls.
- EPCOT will be testing their new nighttime spectacular, “Luminous: The Symphony of Us,” overnight for two dates in November.
- If you’re feeling simultaneously cuddly and evil, this new Plush Lotso Ear Headband will help you channel your inner snuggly villain.
- New Viking-inspired Norway Pavilion merchandise has sailed into EPCOT. This new collection can be found in The Fjording, a gift shop between Frozen Ever After and Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe.
Other Walt Disney World News
- More than 30 employees have resigned from Governor Ron DeSantis’ Central Florida Tourism Oversight District due to an “uncomfortable,” “stressful,” and “toxic” work environment, according to a report by Jason Garcia for Seeking Rents. Garcia interviewed former employees and obtained several exit surveys that paint a bleak picture of the behind-the-scenes operations of the current District.
- One woman lost her Pandora souvenirs. Another man was robbed of $400 in cash. Law enforcement investigated a wave of stroller thefts that occurred on a single summer day at EPCOT and Disney’s Animal Kingdom, according to a new sheriff’s report recently obtained by WDWNT.
- According to Cast Members who work on “Tale of the Lion King” in Disneyland, the show will close permanently on January 7, 2024.
- Disneyland Park guests were surprised by new projection effects inside Space Mountain when it reopened following a five-week refurbishment — but maybe more surprised by new projection mapping on the ride’s iconic building at night.
- Coffee lovers can percolate over this new blend from Joffrey’s Coffee: The Villas at Disneyland Hotel Blend.
Disney Cruise Line
- The Disney Wonder cruise ship has arrived in Sydney, Australia for Disney Cruise Line’s first South Pacific sailings.
Entertainment and Media
- In honor of “The Marvels,” AMC Theatres will have Flerkitten popcorn bucket and cup collectibles featuring five different kitten designs. Flerkens like Goose in “Captain Marvel” are an alien species resembling Earth cats. Flerkittens will appear in “The Marvels.”
- We reviewed S2:E4 of Loki; check it out here (warning: spoilers ahead!).
WDW News Today
- Did you miss PARKSCENTER tonight? Check out the replay below. On PARKSCENTER, we cover the top stories in Disney Parks news and discuss the topics that are top of mind for the Disney community. Join us live and chat along at 9 p.m. ET. every Sunday.
Unexpected Dining Upgrades Coming, Haunted Mansion Bar and New Worlds Opening Soon!
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!